ASUS A7M266 and USB

G

My USB devices work fine in test but in game they don't (lights still on but they don't respond to my inputs) - any ideas?

I have just upgraded my system from:
pcchips m810lmr
Athlon 1.2 (fsb 200)
512 sdr
Asus v8200 deluxe (nice card - s**t sunglasses)
IBM deskstar 40Gb

to:
Asus A7M266
AMD Athlon XP 1500PR
512 ddr
etc

Also a word of warning for anyone thinking of getting a Palomino chip - you will need a compatible duron/t-bird in order to flash the bios of your board to get it to work with your new baby!

If you do get one it's like a speedy thing on national speedy day going very speedily indeed!

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
What USB devices are you referring to? It might be device specialized, affecting only a mouse or something. In that event, make sure that the device you are using is functional.

:tongue: Have you ever tried cooking an egg on your HSF? Tasty. :tongue:

G

It affects them all (strategic commander, ms forcefeedback joystick and logitech forcefeedback steering wheel).
They all work fine at installation (in the test part) and ok if I calibrate later - when in a game nothing (though the lights stay on).

G

I have an A7V and I had the worst time installing DSL with a USB modem until I realized it wasn't the Modem or Bellsouth... It was the USB PORTS! I know you might not want to spend 20 or 30 bucks, but an expansion USB port may solve your problem. Asus must have had some problems with their integrated USB ports, because there's definitely a bug. You may be able to solve it a different way (have you gotten the latest driver set for your mobo?) but this might just work if all else fails.

<b><i><font color=purple> Whispers of Clay </font color=purple></b></i>

dpaige

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2001
Which USB ports are you using? The two that are on the motherboard or the two that come on that PCI slot face place? Try using the one of teh two on teh motherboard.

Dante

TRENDING THREADS