Exclusive: Microsoft Patents The Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Good luck having that patent upheld in court.[/citation]
obviously you never seen some of the frankly ludicrous cases that has flown out of US patient court cases.
[citation][nom]Trizomik[/nom]They really want us to hate them...[/citation]
Who microsoft or google both gobble up tons of patents for things people would think should be allowed for everyone some of which was listed in the article if you read it, and google has moved to gobbling up upstarts that compete with them on some level.

They are both large corps =p

drakefyre

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
First off, awesome article. It really reads like one of the older Tom's articles.

Second, wow Microsoft is stupid, as is the whole patent system. This is ridiculous.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Wow! I'm going patent "Systems and methods to perform efficient mode of transportation for passengers of a powered vehicle." Maybe I'll just patent the most efficient of everything. That wouldn't be to vague would it?

diablob

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Unpatentable: A*X=B
Patentable: Puppies x Cuteness = Adorability-Factor

The more I read about software patents, the more angry I get. When are we going to fix the system and formally pass a law that stops software from being patentable?

ispam

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
[sarcasm=true;]
I'm going to patent sex and all of you are going to be very sorry you didn't have this idea earlier when you'll be forced to license it from me.
[sarcasm=!sarcasm;]

ares1214

Splendid
Wheres the patent on air? Or is Apple going to beat you to that? Water? Maybe google will get that, google>goggles>water, id see that upheld in court. Seriously, i feel like everyday tasks will be patented soon, and all its doing is destroying business.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Really Microsoft? Really? I don't think they have the right to patent that.

Pretty soon someone is going to patent the act of sex and plant chips inside of your body that extract money from your account every time you masturbate or have intercourse.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks any patent starting with "systems and methods" should be automatically rejected? Perhaps excluding a few ones.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Well. The patent system STILL needs a major overhaul. Things like this seem humorous until they end up costing someone a truckload of money to defend themselves in court.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Microsoft needs to go to hell with a this stupid patent BS, they literally want to own everything. If MS disappeared tomorrow I think they world would be a better place.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Looks like the patent giving authority got bored reading the whole thing and just gave the patent out of frustration. :lol:
One could write a ton about how water is flushed down a toilet and maybe a patent would be awarded for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.