Battlefield 3 DirectX Problem - Device Creation Error

captainspork

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2006
This is the error and screenshot:

"Failed creating D3D device of at least version 10.0 on adapter "AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series" with driver "11.10 (8.901.2-111006a-126548E-ATI)".

http://imgur.com/7OipE

This computer is brand new, just built it a few weeks ago. Have had no trouble with Crysis 2 and the like. Important specs wise its an i7-2600k @ 3.4 GHz (no overclock) and a Radeon HD 6950.

In terms of things I tried to fix it:
- Reinstall driver after removing completely with driver sweeper
- Run origins check game function
- Delete the BF3 folder in My Documents

The game currently does not launch at all, just that error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

i am having same issue. and jumpy audio. ive read the 11.10 preview driver isnt compatible with direct x 11.
why would they do that.
when i go into DXDIAG i find info there about some files that are not whql verified. and could cause an issue.
i use amd hd5870
audio HD realtek gigabyte motherboard onboard.. and the driver 6.0.1.6433 i have it running @48mhz ive heard thats correct. and

G

i started to use basic theme for windows 7. which did improve things. i then installed game booster. with advanced system care. stil problems. my CPU is the E8400 OC to 3.8 ghz 2gb of ddr2 ram which i was told it may improve things to just use 2gb of ram., as i do normally have 3.

ive tried so many things. and am just not winning. but there is plenty of people on there playing online. i wonder if they all get crashes. i really hope these issues will be fixed. and not just left as is. i payed out 40 pounds for this game. an i cant play it properly. dice have been fixing the server side of things on sunday thats just passed. but what about these graphical issues. and auido issues. ? need help pls. any1. ?

homerlvsbeer

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Thanks. You was right it was a driver issue. i actually reinstalled windows. and i got the game working really smoothly. using 11.10 drivers. preview2
only problem i have now is every 5 mins game will hang and game will go off. sometimes i see the map from underneath. tried letting game through firewall tried no firewall at all. doesnt help.
always says that the server connection timed out. ? annoying. games running really smooth apart from that.
also have to use google chrome. if i use internet explorer i cant get Ping. and the game just wont run. ?

diablo1972

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
will i have gone back to 11.9 and reinstalled all and same Failed creating D3D device of at least version 10.0 on adapter "AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series" with driver "11.9 (8.901.2-111006a-126548E-ATI)".

homerlvsbeer

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

as of last night some new drivers came out for amd. 11.11 driver and profiles cap 1.
there is an improvement. and am able to play online. but singleplayer still having issues. this game is terrible.