XP system start up

I have recently ran Spybot to remove spyware. Now when I reboot, it's trying
to start some of those or reference programs or dll's. How do I search my
start up info to remove this program from the startup info. Note: I have
already ran MSConfig and didn't see any reference to the programs that are
reporting that they can't start.

You probably still have referrence to those items in the registry.

Start | Run | Type: regedit | OK |
Navigate to >>>

And

See if there are any references to those files.

Also look here >>>

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
And
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:CBC6FE2F-5690-4EBF-9951-A296C6B32A3E@microsoft.com,
kobe <kobe@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have recently ran Spybot to remove spyware. Now when I reboot,
> it's trying to start some of those or reference programs or dll's.
> How do I search my start up info to remove this program from the
> startup info. Note: I have already ran MSConfig and didn't see any
> reference to the programs that are reporting that they can't start.

Spyware can be notoriously difficult to remove completely. You should have
another spyware remover on hand in case the first program doesn't do the
trick.

If you know exactly what spyware you have/had, you may be able to find
manual removal instructions specific to that spyware on the web sites of the
major anti-spyware organizations. Otherwise, you're going to have to try
another spyware remover, and if that doesn't work your fastest solution is
reinstalling your software.
--
Ted Zieglar

"kobe" <kobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently ran Spybot to remove spyware. Now when I reboot, it's
trying
> to start some of those or reference programs or dll's. How do I search my
> start up info to remove this program from the startup info. Note: I have
> already ran MSConfig and didn't see any reference to the programs that are
> reporting that they can't start.

redhead

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2004

kobe,

Pieces of the spyware was left behind. Bazooka Spyware Remover does an
excellent job of finding the left over pieces and tells you how to remove.

the Link to the authors site:
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/

Redhead