Gifting COD4 on steam

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Hi all,

Well the offer on steam was that you get a free copy of COD4 if u pre-order MW3. I already have COD4, but it said u can gift the COD4 to someone else if you already own it. So i pre-order MW3, and now i dont see how i can gift COD4!!! Ppl are telling me its cuz i dont have the steam version (i have the retail copy, the disc version). IDK wat to do! I wanna gift away that extra copy of COD4! I havent installed it yet either (the steam one that im trying to gift). Anyone have any solutions? I cant post on steam forums because I have to wait for admin approval or something, so stupid lolz.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Your best bet is to wait for admin approval of your forum account and then take this complaint to them.

dannyboy3210

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Most likely it will credit the cod4 to your account, because if you do not already own the steam version of it, it automatically put it onto your account.

I had borderlands and all of the dlcs, etc. bought retail and had it "added" to my steam library, but when I bought the borderlands goty 4 pack, it credited one copy of the game to my account, and let me keep the other 3 copies for gifting purposes.

All in all, kind of annoying, but what can you do...