My Task Manager is missing

I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My task
manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing happens.
Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus scan
programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.
4 answers Last reply
More about task manager missing

    First open internet options,delete cookies,delete files + chk the box
    "delete all off
    line files",settings,view objects,R.click each,properties,if it doesnt look
    familiar,
    delete it.close out.Go to run,type:%Temp% go to edit,select all,delete
    all,close
    out,empty recycle bin.Go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the
    graph starts,install xp cd,exit the page.When the graph is thru,type:CHKDSK
    C: /F
    agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.Also,run the
    DOS
    window in min.,sometimes the graph runs behind it the first time.

    "Angel1312" wrote:

    > I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My task
    > manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
    > right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing happens.
    > Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus scan
    > programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas. Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

    Thought about spyware?

    Ted Zieglar

    "Angel1312" <Angel1312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My
    > task
    > manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
    > right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing
    > happens.
    > Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus scan
    > programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas. Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

    What do cookies, TIF and the Recycle Bin have to do with Task Manager?

    Ted Zieglar

    > First open internet options,delete cookies,delete files + chk the box
    > "delete all off
    > line files",settings,view objects,R.click each,properties,if it doesnt
    > look
    > familiar,
    > delete it.close out.Go to run,type:%Temp% go to edit,select all,delete
    > all,close
    > out,empty recycle bin.Go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When
    > the
    > graph starts,install xp cd,exit the page.When the graph is
    > thru,type:CHKDSK
    > C: /F
    > agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.Also,run
    > the
    > DOS
    > window in min.,sometimes the graph runs behind it the first time.
    >
    > "Angel1312" wrote:
    >
    >> I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My
    >> task
    >> manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
    >> right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing
    >> happens.
    >> Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus
    >> scan
    >> programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas.
    >> Any
    >> help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

    Have you AV programs been updated within the last view days?
    Do not assume a new download is up to date.

    Follow the yellow section on this link to check for spyware and
    viruses:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Angel1312" <Angel1312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer.
    > My task
    > manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens.
    > When I
    > right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing
    > happens.
    > Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different
    > virus scan
    > programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of
    > ideas. Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP