My Task Manager is missing

I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My task
manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing happens.
Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus scan
programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

First open internet options,delete cookies,delete files + chk the box
"delete all off
line files",settings,view objects,R.click each,properties,if it doesnt look
familiar,
delete it.close out.Go to run,type:%Temp% go to edit,select all,delete
all,close
out,empty recycle bin.Go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the
graph starts,install xp cd,exit the page.When the graph is thru,type:CHKDSK
C: /F
agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.Also,run the
DOS
window in min.,sometimes the graph runs behind it the first time.

"Angel1312" wrote:

> I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My task
> manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
> right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing happens.
> Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus scan
> programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

Thought about spyware?

Ted Zieglar

"Angel1312" <Angel1312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My
> task
> manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
> right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing
> happens.
> Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus scan
> programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

What do cookies, TIF and the Recycle Bin have to do with Task Manager?

Ted Zieglar

> First open internet options,delete cookies,delete files + chk the box
> "delete all off
> line files",settings,view objects,R.click each,properties,if it doesnt
> look
> familiar,
> delete it.close out.Go to run,type:%Temp% go to edit,select all,delete
> all,close
> out,empty recycle bin.Go to run,type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When
> the
> graph starts,install xp cd,exit the page.When the graph is
> thru,type:CHKDSK
> C: /F
> agree to restart,then type:EXIT Restart computer,remove xp cd.Also,run
> the
> DOS
> window in min.,sometimes the graph runs behind it the first time.
>
> "Angel1312" wrote:
>
>> I've been searching the message boards but haven't found the answer. My
>> task
>> manager is missing. When I press ctrl+alt+del, nothing happens. When I
>> right-click on the task bar, then go to task manager, again nothing
>> happens.
>> Sometimes my computer runs very slow. I've run a few different virus
>> scan
>> programs, and none have found any viruses. I'm running out of ideas.
>> Any
>> help would be greatly appreciated. I have xp home edition.

Have you AV programs been updated within the last view days?
Do not assume a new download is up to date.

Follow the yellow section on this link to check for spyware and
viruses:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/