Windows Installer hangs for 5 to 10 minutes and then conti..

Hi there,

I hope that someone could help out -

I have a problem with Windows Installer - when installing, the
installer seems to hang, and after 5 to 10 minutes of wait, the
installation finally starts and continues "normally", like on other
"regular" machines.

Actually, the post below describes the *exact* 2 problems that I have
on my machine. One of the is related to the Windows Installer - if
anyone can help out with either problems - that could be great.

http://tinyurl.com/4cj2l

Thanks in advance !

Elad Volpin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I hope that someone could help out -
>
> I have a problem with Windows Installer - when installing, the
> installer seems to hang, and after 5 to 10 minutes of wait, the
> installation finally starts and continues "normally", like on other
> "regular" machines.
>
> Actually, the post below describes the *exact* 2 problems that I have
> on my machine. One of the is related to the Windows Installer - if
> anyone can help out with either problems - that could be great.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4cj2l
>
> Thanks in advance !

It might be that the installer is looking for a mapped network drive
that is unavailable?

> It might be that the installer is looking for a mapped network drive
> that is unavailable?

I don't think so (in fact, someone in a different forum has already
suggested this) - I've logged the installation and it doesn't look
like there's an entry to a mapped drive. More over, I think I've
already tried to unplug the network cable in order to check this -
didn't work.

Problem solved.

My user account was defined in an old domain which is probably not
trusted. A newly created account in a "more common" domain solved the
problem.