Battlefield 3 (Triple Monitors / Eyefinity / Surround) [~4K]

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Well better a little late then never, this is actually a shorter version of the video, the full length video is 30 minutes long and includes the first full mission, that video is still uploading. Anyway, Battlefield 3 is a FPS game that has a heavy focus on its multi player side, it natively supports multi monitor resolutions but a couple of bugs make it less then a perfect solution, but its nothing the Devs can't fix if they wanted to. Once again if your monitors width is larger than 1920 pixels and you have lots of bandwidth, set the quality to original and play the video in full screen for a much higher quality. The game is free to play on Steam or via direct download from their website.

Direct Video Link: Battlefield 3 (Triple Monitors / Eyefinity / Surround) [~4K]
Channel Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/n11skid

Screen shots from the game but not the video:

Copy paste of video description:

Note: In the video I said I couldn't get the HUD positioned right, you can get around this by manually editing the GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth value in \Documents\Battlefield 3\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile

Battlefield on the PC, Original resolution was 5040x1050 aspect ratio of (48:10). If you are running a resolution with a width higher then 1920 (30'' monitor or multi monitor) set quality to original and view in fullscreen.

The video is from game launch, though the prologue / tutorial mission. I've also put my usual annotations about how the game preforms with three screen.

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Edit: The game is not free to play on steam, I forgot to delete that comment from my last video upload, and this forum still refuses to let me edit my own posts. :(

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
That stretch is called fisheye, and its a by product of most 3D rendering, it exists in all games but becomes more prominent the larger your FOV gets.

Now with that said it really makes ah heck all difference because the stretch is on the edge screens which are meant to be your peripheral vision, your not meant to be looking right at them. And with that in mind the fisheye effect actually makes it look more realistic, so long as its not to extrema like it used to be on Eve.

AbdullahG

Distinguished

Higher resolution, immersion, you have the money for it. There are a lot of reasons for 3-monitor setups. It's the resolution that causes the stretching across all screens. From what I've been told, you get use to it pretty quickly.

marc1

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
How did you get BF3 working on all 3 monitors? I have the same set up I have 3 monitors and Custom gaming system PC. When I play It only works on one screen. Can you tell me what you did so I can get this working the way you have it thanks.