Italic word problems

I am having trouble in various apps with my text being Italicized without my
selecting it. If I select Italics, the font does not change. If I unselect
Italics, the font is still Italicized. Some apps such as Word, Excel appear
to be fine. What would cause this? If I transfer the file to another PC, that
PC does not see the Italics. It appears to be related to this one PC. Is it a
system setting issue or keyboard issue?
Thanks

Is your default font italicized?
--