I've noticed that some npc's speak in a language that I don't understand.

I can't seem to find something that shows what languages that I know, nor
how to raise skills in another language.

How do I learn new languages?

Thanks,
Bcarshaman 11Shaman/9Artisan
Steamfont

Bcarshaman 66Shaman of the Nameless

Graeme Faelban wrote:
> "bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> wrote in
>
> > I've noticed that some npc's speak in a language that I don't
> > understand.
> >
> > I can't seem to find something that shows what languages that I
know,
> > nor how to raise skills in another language.
> >
> > How do I learn new languages?
> >

> There are books sold by various vendors in the newbie zones that the
> various races start in. I have not purchased any of them myself as
of yet,
> but I am told that is how you learn other languages. For the
nonplayer
> races, there are quests to learn about the races, but, again, I have
not
> seriously looked into any of them yet.

I'm not sure if they are worth the 12s though. For example in
Castleview there is one NPC my Wood Elf can't understand but from my
High Elf I know she only gives a simple quest. Not worth the 12s
investment. Might become important later on but right now it seems like
wasted money.

You can buy language books from merchants.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 17 Dwarven Shaman, 14 Scholar

<8257@mail.ru> wrote in message
> One quest is worth it. Dwarf in Greystone Tavern(Inn?) gives nice pare
> of boots.

A gnome in Baubbleshire gives a nice helm from a quest too. (can't remember
his name..first building on the left from the docks) I suspect many npc's
that you don't understand will give quests once you speak thier language.

Kerriana

Patrik

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> writes:

> "bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> wrote in
>
> > I've noticed that some npc's speak in a language that I don't
> > understand.
> >
> > I can't seem to find something that shows what languages that I know,
> > nor how to raise skills in another language.
> >
> > How do I learn new languages?
> >

> There are books sold by various vendors in the newbie zones that the
> various races start in. I have not purchased any of them myself as of yet,
> but I am told that is how you learn other languages. For the nonplayer
> races, there are quests to learn about the races, but, again, I have not
> seriously looked into any of them yet.

I got the Gnoll language quest, which involves finding some kind of
rune. Unfortunately there are now, I think, no gnolls that will drop
the items I need (they come in chests, not like other quest drops,
from what I understand) that aren't grey, so I guess I'll never
actually learn gnollish, unless I buy them. I thought things needed
for quests wouldn't be affected by the trivial loot code, but
apparently that was too much to hope for. Maybe they'll change it.