BF3 will be delivered tomorrow!

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Hi guys.

How is BF3 i know some people say it sucks and others say it doesn't do well on their computers.
How is the MP & SP campaign?

I just finished the Campaign. It's worth playing through just for the story. It's not super long maybe 10ish hours. The story is, it is a nice break from the hours I spend in multiplaying being frustrated. I was GREAT at BC2, not so much at BF3. Takes some getting used to.

As far as how it looks. It looks WONDERFUL. Just do yourself a favor, set the video settings to Auto and let it chose the settings. It's far easier and is pretty good. When you've played the game a little and have some time to burn, then tweek with the settings. Also, don't bother with the AA deffered setting. I am running a GTX 580 and it I touch AA it stutters at low frames. AA Post processing is fine and isn't a give hit on GPU. Auto will set everything pretty well for you.

Have fun, it is well worth it.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Game runs well on computers within the posted specs, and as far as gameplay I haven't done the campaign too far, but the multiplayer is the best game on the internet right now and certainly the most fun multiplayer FPS I've seen in the genre in the last 10 years or so.

Try playing on big maps with smaller number of people, great boost for the ego, first 9000pt game yesterday. I was good at BF2, started off rubbish at BC2, got better, started off rubbish at BF3, got better... Also i'm trying the clan thing, being able to talk and organise will make a dramatic improvement in my opinion.

I might try that. I had alot of fun playing Squad Rush though the other night. I enjoyed that alot. I have always been good at sniping and I've been getting frustrated because I usually our snipe the snipers. But I'm getting tagged all the time for SOOO far away. Not sure how they range it so well. Guess I need more practice. It's definitely hard to spot people when everyone is prone with such detailed graphics.

No point. I'm happy with just FXAA on high and MSAA off. there is no point at anything over 60FPS unless you have a 120hz display. Vsync and 60FPS is the way to play. A singl GTX570 handles the game nicely. It looks great on High, Ultra is just bragging rights :sol:

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010

Well i have an ATI card, i downloaded the latest Drivers that are optimized for BF3, i got to go see lol maybe the guys at ATI/AMD
have another one available lol

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

thats interesting. tonight im gonna test that and see if i play better and can see further.

The game is actually pretty good performance wise. EA does recommend a GTX560 or HD6950, however, that is for the "best experience". It is not CPU intensive and relies heavily on your GPU. It is also supposed to scale very well as long as you have a gaming class card. However, alot of it will fall on driver support. Nvidia release an update 8 hours before BF3 was released. I didn't know that and has stuttering issues prior to updating. Now issues since. I hear AMD will be putting out an update soon as well.

THAVICIOUS1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
Thank's for the reply guys sorry i haven't been posting much, i been in the hospital with the flu back and forth. I appreciate you guy's replying to my thread. I'm on a tight budget so, what's a reasonable price for a HD 6950 Is it a 2GB video card?