Disk Check error

I am running Windows XP Pro and can't complete Disk Check. I schedule it to
run on startup, but after completing the "verifying files" (ater "trunkating
badly linked attribute records from file record segment 25911")and "verifying
indexes" phases, it says "unspecified error occurred" and stops the disk
check.
Obviously this isn't very specific, any ideas on how to fix it?
1 answer Last reply
More about disk check error

    Go to your hard disk manufacturer's web site and obtain their diagnostic
    tools (they're free.) If the diagnostic tools cannot diagnose and/or repair
    the problem(s), you will want to exchange the hard disk under warranty.

    Ted Zieglar

    "adam a" <adam a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows XP Pro and can't complete Disk Check. I schedule it to
    > run on startup, but after completing the "verifying files" (ater
    > "trunkating
    > badly linked attribute records from file record segment 25911")and
    > "verifying
    > indexes" phases, it says "unspecified error occurred" and stops the disk
    > check.
    > Obviously this isn't very specific, any ideas on how to fix it?

Microsoft Windows XP