Bf3 code is invalid ps3

mitchcamire

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hello,
When i input my online pass it comes up as incorrect or not valid, i checked it several times and tried multiple times. what do i need to do?

Mine worked fine the first time I tried. Did you buy this game used??? If so, the original owner already used the code. You will need to contact EA and purchase a new code.

BF3 is one of the first games to require an online code to be able to play the multiplayer portion of the game. More and more games will start doing this, ruining the resale value of the game.

I think you are correct. I've seen most sites say to return the game to the vendor, which is much better than the Batman fiasco!!!

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/10/18/batman-arkham-city-owners-reporting-issues-with-dlc-codes-batman-arkham-city-dlc-code-woes-surface-why-does-anyone-still-think-online-pass-is-a-good-idea/

The companies do not make any money if you sell the game used. Therefore, they are trying to still make some money at least on online games. I would not complain. Just wait until they lock every console game so that it can only be installed to one console. The PC gamers had to accept this long ago. Guess what? It's the console's time to conform. Remember, they don't make any money on the console systems. So if you buy a PS3 and only used games, no one is making money.

EA made money on the game when you purchsed it. First sale doctrine says you have the right to sell it. Now they are making money on every successive sale of the game. It's a money grab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine

I did not read this in it's entirety. However, you can not resell a pc game if it includes an installation key for activation with an online account. I buy a computer game, install it, enter the install key to my online EA account, or whatever account it requires. BOOM, can't resell or transfer. You are buying a licensed copy of the software, if you accept the EULA that specified ownership is nontransferable that is it. I assume they can do the same for console game software.

I think that first sale doctrine applies more to tangible objects, not software. I am sure there has been numerous suits over this and that wikipedia article mentioned a few and that were appealed as well. If you buy a disk with a game on it, sure you own the disk, but the data on it might have limitations. As soon as you accept that EULA that specifically states no resale that is it. Sure you could sell the disk to someone as a coaster, but the ability to play that game might have limitations.

would you rather then ditch the online pass and force you to register the game with your PSN or Live account, not allowing you to ever sell the game? That way they are not making money on you again, but it would force everyone to go buy a new copy? I am willing to bet that is where this is all going. Like I said, PC gamers had to conform to this years ago. It's the console's time. Do I think this is good for the consumer, No. Do i think this is wrong, No. Do I think they are doing this to make money, Yes. Who knows, it might cause people to buy less games forcing them to bring down the cost from $60 to $40 and everyone

I should have been more specific. PC games are locked down hard these days. I was referring to the console versions. If it were illegal, gamestop would have been out of business years ago. Lot's of people sell their games to gamestop for them to resell. Anyhow, I'll let the courts sort it out. All I know is EA and other's will be making more money and used game sales will drop. I'm sure gamestop and others will take a big hit in sales when it happens.

My main point was/is, it's a money grab. If the federal government worked this way, we'd have a VAT tax like europe (pray we never get that passed).