/who target

With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to identify playing characters
got lost and I am unable to recreate coding that works. I have tried /who
target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t. All get the result that the name is
not in the zone, when obviously they are right in front of me targeted.
What is wrong?

<parf@snip.net> wrote:
> With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to identify playing characters
> got lost and I am unable to recreate coding that works. I have tried /who
> target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t. All get the result that the name is
> not in the zone, when obviously they are right in front of me targeted.
> What is wrong?

/whot

"Pris Flynn" wrote:
> With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to
> identify playing characters got lost and I am
> unable to recreate coding that works. I have
> tried /who target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t.

Interestingly, you have tried every combination except the correct one. =)

/whotarget

--
-Richard

Monual Lifegiver
Prelate of Rodcet Nife
Drinal server

"Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Pris Flynn" wrote:
>> With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to
>> identify playing characters got lost and I am
>> unable to recreate coding that works. I have
>> tried /who target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t.
>
> Interestingly, you have tried every combination except the correct one.
> =)
>
> /whotarget

And with the command of /whot one starts questioning whether or not there's
any point in making a hotkey for it.

"Dan Harmon" wrote:
> "Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> wrote in message
>> "Pris Flynn" wrote:
>>> With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to
>>> identify playing characters got lost and I am
>>> unable to recreate coding that works. I have
>>> tried /who target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t.
>>
>> Interestingly, you have tried every combination
>> except the correct one. =)
>>
>> /whotarget
>
> And with the command of /whot one starts questioning
> whether or not there's any point in making a hotkey
> for it.

Hey, I use /whot all the time. Whenever I join a party, I make a point to
/whot everyone in the party so I can find out what class they are and what
healing they'll need. Also, when I sit in front of the bank in PoK and give
out free buffs (refusing donations), I do a quick /whot to see what level
buff to give them - Temp or Virt (or the permutations in between).

Plus it's just convenient, a quick way to get information about someone.
Especially since I have /shownames 1, which hides guild affiliation, too.

Given how often I do this, I have hotkey 0 on most of my hotkey banks set to
/whot. Easier to hit one key then to go to the command line and type five
keys.

--
-Richard

Monual Lifegiver
Prelate of Rodcet Nife
Drinal server

Jonathan

Pris Flynn wrote:
> With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to identify playing
> characters got lost and I am unable to recreate coding that works. I
> have tried /who target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t. All get the
> result that the name is not in the zone, when obviously they are
> right in front of me targeted. What is wrong?

/whot

--
Sinaiel Soulmerchant
Wraith of Misericordia

Pris Flynn <parf@snip.net> wrote:
> With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to identify playing characters
> got lost and I am unable to recreate coding that works. I have tried /who
> target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t. All get the result that the name is
> not in the zone, when obviously they are right in front of me targeted.
> What is wrong?
Though Faned mentioned the /whot command I too have noticed this
problem. The char stands right in front of me and EQ can't seem to find
it with /w or /whot. I don't know what causes this but it's annyoing. :/

Hagen

"Hagen Sienhold" <durragon@web.de> wrote in message
> Pris Flynn <parf@snip.net> wrote:
>> With recoding of my hot buttons, this coding to identify playing
>> characters
>> got lost and I am unable to recreate coding that works. I have tried
>> /who
>> target, /w target, /who %t, /w %t. All get the result that the name
>> is
>> not in the zone, when obviously they are right in front of me targeted.
>> What is wrong?
> Though Faned mentioned the /whot command I too have noticed this
> problem. The char stands right in front of me and EQ can't seem to find
> it with /w or /whot. I don't know what causes this but it's annyoing. :/

You have someone targeted and /whot doesn't work? I think I've seen that
before...I think it happens if their name is too close to either a system
name (such as a race) or too close to a guild name. Then you have to do a
/who all on that person. :p (or a shortcut is "/ all")

In addition to all you said - there is right mouse click - "who" - menu
option.