showing me how to locate a virus and how to eliminate it

My computer starts normally but after some time, programs that I intend to
open, don't open up and even the internet is not working properly. I have an
ADSL sytem and it's not suppose to be slow. I think that I have a virus and
altough one of the solutions is to format my computer, I want to know another
way of how to locate and eliminate a virus. I know too that theres the
solution of the system restore but the only maximum date that I can restore
up to is the 1st November and till that date my computer had begun to behave
in this manner too. I have a "Windows XP professional" and I want you to tell
me how can I locate and eliminate a virus that is present in my computer. if
you are going to contact me by email, my email is; leli_ferrarist@hotmail.com

How about antivirus software?
--
Ted Zieglar

"Emanuel Farrugia" <Emanuel Farrugia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DD9CAAC4-A38C-4141-8D01-9AC4AB1FD71C@microsoft.com...
> My computer starts normally but after some time, programs that I intend to
> open, don't open up and even the internet is not working properly. I have
an
> ADSL sytem and it's not suppose to be slow. I think that I have a virus
and
> altough one of the solutions is to format my computer, I want to know
another
> way of how to locate and eliminate a virus. I know too that theres the
> solution of the system restore but the only maximum date that I can
restore
> up to is the 1st November and till that date my computer had begun to
behave
> in this manner too. I have a "Windows XP professional" and I want you to
tell
> me how can I locate and eliminate a virus that is present in my computer.
if
> you are going to contact me by email, my email is;
leli_ferrarist@hotmail.com

"Emanuel Farrugia" <Emanuel Farrugia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My computer starts normally but after some time, programs that I intend to
>open, don't open up and even the internet is not working properly. I have an
>ADSL sytem and it's not suppose to be slow. I think that I have a virus and
>altough one of the solutions is to format my computer, I want to know another
>way of how to locate and eliminate a virus. I know too that theres the
>solution of the system restore but the only maximum date that I can restore
>up to is the 1st November and till that date my computer had begun to behave
>in this manner too. I have a "Windows XP professional" and I want you to tell
>me how can I locate and eliminate a virus that is present in my computer. if
>you are going to contact me by email, my email is; leli_ferrarist@hotmail.com

Make certain your antivirus software is completely up to date and do a
full virus scan of your hard drive. If you need an antivirus program
try the free version of AVG from www.grisoft.com To help with your
current problems you can also do a free online virus scan at
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Another possibility is advertising spyware. See MVP Jim Eshelman's
Spyware Quick Fix page at http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and
follow the instructions there.

If the problems persist after doing these items post a response back
here and we will proceed further.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--