I get to the tram station where you have to pull yourself onto the tram, but no

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
I get to the tram station where you have to pull yourself onto the tram, but no matter how fast I press action I die. wtf?

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Actually I'm playing dead space 2 and yes I have it on XBOX I also have it on pc , however, My Xbox is currently out of commission so I'm playing the PC version. Action by default on Xbox is "X", and the PC version by default is "E". When "E" pops on the screen your supposed to press it as fast as you can, but I assume you know that. I also had the same problem with BF3 so you were correct to assume that. I'm just wordering if the reason for my problem is a lack of performance, or something else because I have integrated graphics. My PC runs a Nvidia Geforce graphics card. I'm thinking I just need an upgrade, but for any other part in the game when I used the action button the game performed perfectly. So I am still trying to figure out my issue.

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

I tried pressing it at different speeds, also while holding forward, I even changed the action button. Also, when nothing seemed to work I just started pressing buttons.

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

No it is not broken. Whenever a necromorph manages to grab me I press it to kick them off and it works fine, and yes the train scene was awesome!

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Okay last night I decided to use my Xbox controller on my PC to Play DS2 again. I start a new game and play all the way up to the tram when "Isacc" has to pull himself in, and needless to say I am still having the same problem. Can anyone fix it?

so it sounds like an issue with the game itself? Are there any patches or driver updates you might be able to download?

I wouldn't classify the controls in the first game as horrible issues, but they cleaned up the interface and tightened the controls for sure.

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

I did download some driver updates which increased my frame rate, but did nothing for my control problem.

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
If you could recommend any websites to find patches it would be greatly appreciated. I tried to get on my steam account, but my computer doesn't want to so I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Also if anyone can make a link to download straight from this site that would be great because the filter on my computer doesn't allow access to any gaming site (except steam, on occasion), or any site that has anything to do with games including patches for games. Your time and effort is appreciated!

wolfbane43

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

some have said they solved it using a patch others said they had tried the patch, but it didn't work, and another dozen or so people still have the exact same problem as I do.