MSI K7T266Pro2-RU + 512MB=NOT WORKING

G

Hello
I bought a Kingston 512MB PC2100 memory chip (KVR266X64C25/512) to use with my new MSI K7T Pro2-RU motherboard. Unfortunately the motherboard was defective and I am in the process of returning the board.
One of the problems I had was in the POST, while scanning the memory, it would lock up. If I quickly hit escape, it would boot. I tried flashing the BIOS to the latest version, which did not fix the problem. I tried one stick of generic PC2100 128MB, which it detected fine. I tried the 512 stick in all different slots and had the same result. When I tried to combine the 512 and the 128, it locked up again. I tried different slots, same problem.

Does anyone who has this motherboard have a singular 512MB PC2100 memory chip installed and working? If so, what brand memory, and who manufactures the chips on the memory?

Thanks in advance

JC

G

What are your BIOS settings for the memory. The default settings are set aggressively. You might want to back them off until you find a setting that works. Someone else had the same problem in another forum and solved this problem by resetting the memory settings.