Xbox 360 Battlefield 3

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Hey Guys,

Bought BF3, beat the campaign and looking to play online. No one I know has it and it seems really hard to play by yourself. Just wondering if people wanna play....

X.L name is Rob732

Anyway just looking to play with some people that know what there doing so they can show me some cool stuff on the online gameplay or even just do the co-Op's

Later,

Rob

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
If you are 18 or older you could check out tr4v3sty.com, a gaming community. I know quite a few people there have and play it. You'll see me on there as well as I am one of the founding members.
If you do make sure to post an introduction in the intro section and tell people a little about yourself.

I played very little BF3 myself but i do have it. So i need to learn the ropes myself. We were all huge Rainbow 6 guys just looking for the next FPS that may appeal to most of the community and this seems to be it right now.

No, you have to be 18 to purchase the game. ;) I got myself a copy and my 15 year old a copy (PS3) so we can squad up together.

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Above would be correct. There are plenty of parents that play games with their kids, most good one's would private party to avoid the type of language you hear online). All up to the parent. Then there are those that just buy the game their kids want and do not know anything about ratings or content. For instance when GTA San Andreas came out my nieces mother bought her the game not knowing anything about it. I walk in and she is (at about 14yrs old) repeating a lot of the not so appropriate language from the game while she plays it.

But yeah, at 27 you should fit in fine, we have members younger and older. You just have to get to know people and their personalities as most of us have played together for years. And we like to give each other a good healthy ribbing on the games and the site. I'm am sure you will see what i mean when you look around the site, just don't take any of it seriously, we don't.

there are some developers for the console that can make a game look fairly good still. look at rage or gears 3, or the upcoming uncharted 3

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
The game developers have not quite gotten all they can out of the 360 or PS3 yet. Plus with BF3 there is a 1.5GB graphics update you can choose to install that the Beta did not have... that is why it is just a BETA.

I am not a huge Battlefield fan, nor do i think i will ever be a huge fan. But graphically the game looks pretty darn good for a console title. Played my first multiplayer last night and will say it is pretty brutal at first, so be warned Rob423. Until you can get a decent scope the iron sights will kill you. But i will say we have enough people in our gaming community playing that on any given night it can be hard to get everyone into one chat room or on one team. But having 5-6 buddies on your team can sure help.

As for the age comment i figure it was just a joke, our oldest member is 43, and there are at least 4-5 other guys not too far behind him like myself. Been gaming since Pong and don't plan to stop any time soon :sol:

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
you guys think BF3 is bad graphics? I was playing it all day on xbox... I can definitely say it's not BAD... You can't compared it to a high end computer system... but for a 199$ console... it's not bad... it's clearly playable.

Im sorry, but I disagree; developers are getting as much as they can out of consoles ATM. I don't see any more than what we have already seen get squeezed out of this current generation. Developers are constantly trying to make optimizations to their engines and make graphical sacrifices so their games will run smoothly on that ancient hardware

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Well, i hope they find a way to squeeze out some more or they will have no reason to even create a new game. Plus we may not see another generation of consoles until 2014, which is a long time to be putting out new or sequel titles that have no real improvements. There are games like Forza 4 that are graphically better, so Dice has some work to do.

wanger212

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011

you should see them on pc THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!! its like 3 xboxs and 2 ps3 put to gather

I agree that it is the best way to play, but there are alot of people that can enjoy it on consoles due to the accessibility. At least PC was lead platform, thanks dice

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Yep. I had planned to get B3 all along, eventually. But then I came across this...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/08/battlefield-3-to-have-dedicated-servers-leading-on-pc/

Including this quote: "We won't make it for console and port it to PC -- that's not how we do things," Bach says. "We're focusing on PC first, and then we fiddle with it to fit it onto consoles."

It almost moved this PC gamer to tears. In a era where developers have everything to gain by focusing on consoles, a developer you would not expect is putting PCs first. I went out that day and bought the game.

True story.