Rolltide12

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2001
Hi, I have a 1.1 ghz AMD chip on a Abit KT7 mb. (Non raid) Does anyone know what the hightest CPU can be used on this MB?

Thanks. I have 384mb of PC133 memory

G

Have you gone into the BIOS and checked? I also have a KT7-Raid, but its not plugged into anything right now so i can't give you an anwser. +Take advantage of the fact that you can set the clock multiplier and FSB speed manually.
If you can't get the processor to work then you're screwed unless you flash your bios to a newer version.

When all else fails check the manufacturers website www.abit-usa.com (not a link).

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
A while ago Abit posted a BIOS update (3R) that would allow the use of an Athlon 1.4, 200mhz. Supposedly, you must leave the processor LOCKED in order for it to boot at 1.4 ghz.

More recently Abit release a BIOS update for the KT7A(-RAID) that will allow the use of XP processors. Since this update works only for the 1.3 version of the KT7A one would conclude that it does not work for the even earlier KT7 board.

Would you like a Quarter Pounder?
No, thank you. Just give me the BIG heatsink. It's an Athlon.