Problems with MSI K7T266 Pro2 - Please HELP!

G

I have a new system (stats below) that shuts off in the middle of doing things. It will sit there forever, but when I do certain things (copy files in explorer and Max Payne), it restarts. Max Payne is odd because the task bar shows through into the game. I have adjusted the bios setting to the lowest performance possible, and flashed the bios.
And sometimes it won't boot, and I have to try to boot it 3 times before it finally does.

All the hardware worked fine with a ASUS A7M266 and 1.4.

I have a custom HS fan setup consisting of 2 blowers. They are connected to the MB. I wonder if they are drawing too much power?

Please offer suggestions.

Athlon XP 1700
MSI K7T266 Pro2
Kingston Value Ram 256 MB x 2
IBM 40 GB HD x 2
ATI All In Wonder
No name NIC
Soundblaster Live
Intel Modem
12X DVD
16X10X40 CDRW
300W PS (not the cheap kind)
Win 98 SE

G

Have you tried booting and running with just one of the memory dimms? Also, what model of IBM hard drive are you using? There has been a lot of problems with the 75 series (IDE). Both of these are kind of long shots but you never know.

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have heard other people say that U would need a larger PSU 350-400W... but then the problem was with the ECS Sis735 mobo...

---If at first you dont succeed... get a bigger hammer... that'll teach it !!!---

G

I did not check the HD type yesterday, but I will try today. I upgraded to a 400W PS, tried different memory (in every different slot), tried a different video card, changed the memory settings to HCLK-33 and the slowest timings, disconnedted one of the drives, tried a Athlon 1.4, and tied re-installing the OS. It locked up several times when trying to install the OS.

I am going to exchange the board for a new one Friday.

Hope for the best!

TRENDING THREADS