unable to record to digital video using IEEE1394 firewire ..

I am unable to record to digital video using IEEE1394 firewire devices using
a Computer :Sony Vaio PCV-W 600G Model PCV-9901 With window xp home...
Camcoder:Sony Digital 8 Model DCR-TRV250
... Software that I used trying to create the video....
Software:DVgate Plus
Software:Click to DVD
Software:pIXELA
... Configurations that I used trying to connect ....
Connections: I.Link
Connections: UBS
Connections: analog A/V jacks....I also used this using Giga Pockets as
referenced
by DVgate plus

Microsoft posted this article...Cannot Record, Control, or Play Digital
Video Properly with 1394 FireWire
Article ID : 252185
Last Review : September 28, 2004
Revision : 1.1
If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see
the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
SYMPTOMS
You may experience any of the following issues when you try to record,
control, or play digital video by using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices: • You
are unable to record to digital video after you start and stop recording
around 10 times.
• When you are using a 1394 node (such as a camcorder) attached to a PC with
a Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AA22 1394 Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
host controller, multiple bus resets may occur, preventing proper
communication.
• You are unable to record to a digital video device when you are using
various filter graphs to play media.
• You cannot connect Graphedt.ext (from the Microsoft DirectX Media SDK) to
DirectShow filters by using the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR (MSDV).

Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows
Millennium Edition (Me) do you know if they have confirmed it to be a problem
in xp home

thanks
Oscar

If you are using Windows XP SP 2 roll back to Windows XP sp 1 and you're fire
wire should work fine. The fire wire drivers in SP 2 have been changed and
are corrupt or damaged. I rolled back to SP 1 and all is well.

"unable to record to digital video using" wrote:

> I am unable to record to digital video using IEEE1394 firewire devices using
> a Computer :Sony Vaio PCV-W 600G Model PCV-9901 With window xp home...
> Camcoder:Sony Digital 8 Model DCR-TRV250
> .. Software that I used trying to create the video....
> Software:DVgate Plus
> Software:Click to DVD
> Software:pIXELA
> .. Configurations that I used trying to connect ....
> Connections: I.Link
> Connections: UBS
> Connections: analog A/V jacks....I also used this using Giga Pockets as
> referenced
> by DVgate plus
>
> Microsoft posted this article...Cannot Record, Control, or Play Digital
> Video Properly with 1394 FireWire
> Article ID : 252185
> Last Review : September 28, 2004
> Revision : 1.1
> This article was previously published under Q252185
> If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see
> the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
> SYMPTOMS
> You may experience any of the following issues when you try to record,
> control, or play digital video by using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices: • You
> are unable to record to digital video after you start and stop recording
> around 10 times.
> • When you are using a 1394 node (such as a camcorder) attached to a PC with
> a Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AA22 1394 Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
> host controller, multiple bus resets may occur, preventing proper
> communication.
> • You are unable to record to a digital video device when you are using
> various filter graphs to play media.
> • You cannot connect Graphedt.ext (from the Microsoft DirectX Media SDK) to
> DirectShow filters by using the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR (MSDV).
>
> Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows
> Millennium Edition (Me) do you know if they have confirmed it to be a problem
> in xp home
>
> thanks
> Oscar

"The fire wire drivers in SP 2 have been changed and are corrupt or
damaged."

That's ridiculous.

Ted Zieglar

"Kandy Kid" <Kandy Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you are using Windows XP SP 2 roll back to Windows XP sp 1 and you're
> fire
> wire should work fine. The fire wire drivers in SP 2 have been changed and
> are corrupt or damaged. I rolled back to SP 1 and all is well.
>
> "unable to record to digital video using" wrote:
>
>> I am unable to record to digital video using IEEE1394 firewire devices
>> using
>> a Computer :Sony Vaio PCV-W 600G Model PCV-9901 With window xp home...
>> Camcoder:Sony Digital 8 Model DCR-TRV250
>> .. Software that I used trying to create the video....
>> Software:DVgate Plus
>> Software:Click to DVD
>> Software:pIXELA
>> .. Configurations that I used trying to connect ....
>> Connections: I.Link
>> Connections: UBS
>> Connections: analog A/V jacks....I also used this using Giga Pockets as
>> referenced
>> by DVgate plus
>>
>> Microsoft posted this article...Cannot Record, Control, or Play Digital
>> Video Properly with 1394 FireWire
>> Article ID : 252185
>> Last Review : September 28, 2004
>> Revision : 1.1
>> This article was previously published under Q252185
>> If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see
>> the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
>> SYMPTOMS
>> You may experience any of the following issues when you try to record,
>> control, or play digital video by using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices: •
>> You
>> are unable to record to digital video after you start and stop recording
>> around 10 times.
>> • When you are using a 1394 node (such as a camcorder) attached to a PC
>> with
>> a Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AA22 1394 Open Host Controller Interface
>> (OHCI)
>> host controller, multiple bus resets may occur, preventing proper
>> communication.
>> • You are unable to record to a digital video device when you are using
>> various filter graphs to play media.
>> • You cannot connect Graphedt.ext (from the Microsoft DirectX Media SDK)
>> DirectShow filters by using the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR (MSDV).
>>
>> Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows
>> Millennium Edition (Me) do you know if they have confirmed it to be a
>> problem
>> in xp home
>>
>> thanks
>> Oscar

Ted:

I do not know or care whom you are, but, if you cannot take comments from
other people without offence, get a life.
I just spent three days trying to get IEEE1394 to talk from my JVC Camcorder
to the computer, no luck. In researching the problem, I found a suggestion to
change the following files, 1394bus.sys, arp1394.sys, and OHCI1394.sys.
However, Windows XP Home SP2 will not (due to MS file protection) allow you
to role back these files. The next best procedure was to roll back Win XP to
SP1 and when I did this and it worked like a charm.

Now you are telling me I am mistaken? I repeat get a life.

My question back to you has MS changed these files in SP2? If so I suggest
that you verify that they work, because these are universal plug and play MS
controlled codes.

Bill Neilson "bneilson2551@hotmail.com"

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> "The fire wire drivers in SP 2 have been changed and are corrupt or
> damaged."
>
> That's ridiculous.
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Kandy Kid" <Kandy Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If you are using Windows XP SP 2 roll back to Windows XP sp 1 and you're
> > fire
> > wire should work fine. The fire wire drivers in SP 2 have been changed and
> > are corrupt or damaged. I rolled back to SP 1 and all is well.
> >
> > "unable to record to digital video using" wrote:
> >
> >> I am unable to record to digital video using IEEE1394 firewire devices
> >> using
> >> a Computer :Sony Vaio PCV-W 600G Model PCV-9901 With window xp home...
> >> Camcoder:Sony Digital 8 Model DCR-TRV250
> >> .. Software that I used trying to create the video....
> >> Software:DVgate Plus
> >> Software:Click to DVD
> >> Software:pIXELA
> >> .. Configurations that I used trying to connect ....
> >> Connections: I.Link
> >> Connections: UBS
> >> Connections: analog A/V jacks....I also used this using Giga Pockets as
> >> referenced
> >> by DVgate plus
> >>
> >> Microsoft posted this article...Cannot Record, Control, or Play Digital
> >> Video Properly with 1394 FireWire
> >> Article ID : 252185
> >> Last Review : September 28, 2004
> >> Revision : 1.1
> >> This article was previously published under Q252185
> >> If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see
> >> the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
> >> SYMPTOMS
> >> You may experience any of the following issues when you try to record,
> >> control, or play digital video by using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices: •
> >> You
> >> are unable to record to digital video after you start and stop recording
> >> around 10 times.
> >> • When you are using a 1394 node (such as a camcorder) attached to a PC
> >> with
> >> a Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AA22 1394 Open Host Controller Interface
> >> (OHCI)
> >> host controller, multiple bus resets may occur, preventing proper
> >> communication.
> >> • You are unable to record to a digital video device when you are using
> >> various filter graphs to play media.
> >> • You cannot connect Graphedt.ext (from the Microsoft DirectX Media SDK)
> >> DirectShow filters by using the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR (MSDV).
> >>
> >> Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows
> >> Millennium Edition (Me) do you know if they have confirmed it to be a
> >> problem
> >> in xp home
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> Oscar

To state that the firewire driver in SP 2 is "corrupt or damaged" is
ridiculous. Don't blame Microsoft if you can't get your device to work.

The only drawback with Windows' support for firewire devices is that Windows
does not (yet) support the full throughput possible with 1394b.

> Ted:
>
> I do not know or care whom you are, but, if you cannot take comments from
> other people without offence, get a life.
> I just spent three days trying to get IEEE1394 to talk from my JVC
> Camcorder
> to the computer, no luck. In researching the problem, I found a suggestion
> change the following files, 1394bus.sys, arp1394.sys, and OHCI1394.sys.
> However, Windows XP Home SP2 will not (due to MS file protection) allow
> you
> to role back these files. The next best procedure was to roll back Win XP
> SP1 and when I did this and it worked like a charm.
>
> Now you are telling me I am mistaken? I repeat get a life.
>
> My question back to you has MS changed these files in SP2? If so I suggest
> that you verify that they work, because these are universal plug and play
> MS
> controlled codes.
>
> Bill Neilson "bneilson2551@hotmail.com"
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
>> "The fire wire drivers in SP 2 have been changed and are corrupt or
>> damaged."
>>
>> That's ridiculous.
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Kandy Kid" <Kandy Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If you are using Windows XP SP 2 roll back to Windows XP sp 1 and
>> > you're
>> > fire
>> > wire should work fine. The fire wire drivers in SP 2 have been changed
>> > and
>> > are corrupt or damaged. I rolled back to SP 1 and all is well.

Mauricio

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002

I have a Sony Vaio as well. Same issue IEEE 1394 works perfect before SP2
upgrade on fresh new XP install.

I spent hours with Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft support reps are just
reading a book, and don’t have a clue what IEEE 1394 is!!

My solution: downgraded to Win 2000 Pro and everything running better than
ever, without the buggy XP look.

"unable to record to digital video using" wrote:

> I am unable to record to digital video using IEEE1394 firewire devices using
> a Computer :Sony Vaio PCV-W 600G Model PCV-9901 With window xp home...
> Camcoder:Sony Digital 8 Model DCR-TRV250
> .. Software that I used trying to create the video....
> Software:DVgate Plus
> Software:Click to DVD
> Software:pIXELA
> .. Configurations that I used trying to connect ....
> Connections: I.Link
> Connections: UBS
> Connections: analog A/V jacks....I also used this using Giga Pockets as
> referenced
> by DVgate plus
>
> Microsoft posted this article...Cannot Record, Control, or Play Digital
> Video Properly with 1394 FireWire
> Article ID : 252185
> Last Review : September 28, 2004
> Revision : 1.1
> This article was previously published under Q252185
> If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see
> the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
> SYMPTOMS
> You may experience any of the following issues when you try to record,
> control, or play digital video by using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices: • You
> are unable to record to digital video after you start and stop recording
> around 10 times.
> • When you are using a 1394 node (such as a camcorder) attached to a PC with
> a Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AA22 1394 Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
> host controller, multiple bus resets may occur, preventing proper
> communication.
> • You are unable to record to a digital video device when you are using
> various filter graphs to play media.
> • You cannot connect Graphedt.ext (from the Microsoft DirectX Media SDK) to
> DirectShow filters by using the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR (MSDV).
>
> Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows
> Millennium Edition (Me) do you know if they have confirmed it to be a problem
> in xp home
>
> thanks
> Oscar

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I have an NEC Versa E400 with a Texas Instruments PC Firewire Card. I have
the same problem. The Sony DCR TRV6E worked perfectly and now does not. I
have tried it on another computer with a fresh install of XP Pro SP2 and it
doesn't work there either. The camera simply is not recognised. Is there a
patch yet anyone?

Steve
svroberts@aliceposta.it

"Mauricio" wrote:

> I have a Sony Vaio as well. Same issue IEEE 1394 works perfect before SP2
> upgrade on fresh new XP install.
>
> I spent hours with Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft support reps are just
> reading a book, and don’t have a clue what IEEE 1394 is!!
>
> My solution: downgraded to Win 2000 Pro and everything running better than
> ever, without the buggy XP look.
>
> "unable to record to digital video using" wrote:
>
> > I am unable to record to digital video using IEEE1394 firewire devices using
> > a Computer :Sony Vaio PCV-W 600G Model PCV-9901 With window xp home...
> > Camcoder:Sony Digital 8 Model DCR-TRV250
> > .. Software that I used trying to create the video....
> > Software:DVgate Plus
> > Software:Click to DVD
> > Software:pIXELA
> > .. Configurations that I used trying to connect ....
> > Connections: I.Link
> > Connections: UBS
> > Connections: analog A/V jacks....I also used this using Giga Pockets as
> > referenced
> > by DVgate plus
> >
> > Microsoft posted this article...Cannot Record, Control, or Play Digital
> > Video Properly with 1394 FireWire
> > Article ID : 252185
> > Last Review : September 28, 2004
> > Revision : 1.1
> > This article was previously published under Q252185
> > If this article does not describe your hardware-related issue, please see
> > the following Microsoft Web site to view more articles about hardware:
> > SYMPTOMS
> > You may experience any of the following issues when you try to record,
> > control, or play digital video by using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices: • You
> > are unable to record to digital video after you start and stop recording
> > around 10 times.
> > • When you are using a 1394 node (such as a camcorder) attached to a PC with
> > a Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AA22 1394 Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
> > host controller, multiple bus resets may occur, preventing proper
> > communication.
> > • You are unable to record to a digital video device when you are using
> > various filter graphs to play media.
> > • You cannot connect Graphedt.ext (from the Microsoft DirectX Media SDK) to
> > DirectShow filters by using the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR (MSDV).
> >
> > Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows
> > Millennium Edition (Me) do you know if they have confirmed it to be a problem
> > in xp home
> >
> > thanks
> > Oscar

This is hearsay, FWIW, but...

My dad does wedding videos, and edits them on his PC for DVD creation
using the latest DV Studio editing software. He's using a DV500 IEEE
1394 card, and has had nothing but grief running it on XP - with or
without SP2. It would spend 4 hours rendering for DVD, then pop open
the DVD drive and say "insert media" (perfectly valid blank DVD
already inserted) - then just stop responding. After many hours of
removing/reinstalling software, drivers, patches, it finally decided
to work for a short while and he got the DVDs burned. Then he tried
making a VHS video tape, and all appeared fine from windows
perspective - but all he gets is audio, no video to the tape. Tried
various scenarios, replaced video RCA cable, tried S-video - all same
results.

Just days ago he was talking to a tech who also happens to do a lot of
video editing, and was told the DV500 is not supported by XP - may
work sometimes, more often not, He was advised to revert to Windows
2000, and all these problems should go away. As he's 82, he's
understandably a bit frightened by the prospect, so he's waiting for
my nephew to get time to install 2000 for him. I'll let you know how
it works out for him...

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:07:04 -0800, "Steve"
<Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> > control, or play digital video by using IEEE 1394 (FireWire) devices: • You
>> > are unable to record to digital video after you start and stop recording
>> > around 10 times.
>> > • When you are using a 1394 node (such as a camcorder) attached to a PC with
>> > a Texas Instruments (TI) TSB43AA22 1394 Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
>> > host controller, multiple bus resets may occur, preventing proper
>> > communication.
>> > • You are unable to record to a digital video device when you are using
>> > various filter graphs to play media.
>> > • You cannot connect Graphedt.ext (from the Microsoft DirectX Media SDK) to
>> > DirectShow filters by using the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR (MSDV).
>> >
>> > Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows
>> > Millennium Edition (Me) do you know if they have confirmed it to be a problem

Note - to reply by email, please reformat the addressee (should be pretty obvious)

Your father is 82 and he's authoring DVDs?

That's fabulous - more power to him!

Ted Zieglar