PCChip Motherboard

G

I am considering buying an Intel Pentium 4, 1.4 GHz computer with this motherboard -- PCChip M921LR, 423 SDRAM w/Audio. Has anyone had bad or good experience with this board? Can anyone recommend a good board that is around $100?

Thanks!

JPS

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
I have a pcchips mobo (M726) and had lots of problems before to be running stable. I think everyone in this forum will agree that pcchips is maybe one of the worst MB maker.
If you want a cheap motherboard, in my opinion you should go for an AMD based system. There are a lot of opinions about Intel/AMD, but there is one clear fact: at the same price, an AMD system performs better. A good choice would be an ECS K7S5A motherboard (US$ 62) and Athlon 1.4 MHz (US$ 100). I'm sure this system will perform better that the one you have in mind.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A 1.4GHz P4 with SDRAM is slower than my year old PIII 933! And PC-Chips is indeed one of the worst manufacturers in the world. In addition to poor performance and other problems, most of mine came back with bad keyboard connectors within my standard 90-day warrantee period.

Back to you Tom...