CDROM drive for prolinea

hh

What model of Prolinea and what size hard drive???
HH

"Emmanuel" <ebgy@alussinan.org> wrote in message
> What kind of HD I have to declare in the bios for my CDRom drive be
> recognized on my prolinea?
>
> --
> Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

EMMANUEL

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001

> What model of Prolinea and what size hard drive???
> HH

It's a prolinea 4/66 .
I just want to install a CDRom drive , but this option isn't in the setup.
I guess I need to write a HD type , but which model ?

--
Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

>>What kind of HD I have to declare in the bios for my CDRom drive be
>>recognized on my prolinea?

I got around this by adding an old 12X CD ROM and then using the DOS drivers
for it from Drivers Guide.

KC

> > What model of Prolinea and what size hard drive???
> > HH
> >
> It's a prolinea 4/66 .
> I just want to install a CDRom drive , but this option isn't in the setup.
> I guess I need to write a HD type , but which model ?
>
> --
> Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr
> >

> >>What kind of HD I have to declare in the bios for my CDRom drive be
> >>recognized on my prolinea?

EMMANUEL

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001

> I got around this by adding an old 12X CD ROM and then using the DOS drivers
> for it from Drivers Guide.
>
> KC
>
> "Emmanuel" <ebgy@alussinan.org> wrote in message
>
>>>What model of Prolinea and what size hard drive???
>>>HH
>>>

>>It's a prolinea 4/66 .
>>I just want to install a CDRom drive , but this option isn't in the setup.
>>I guess I need to write a HD type , but which model ?

Are you saying that nothing is needed in bios ?
I only have to install - mmmmhhhh W98 for instance -and it works ?
Emmanuel.

> > I got around this by adding an old 12X CD ROM and then using the DOS
drivers
> > for it from Drivers Guide.
> >
> > KC
> >
> > "Emmanuel" <ebgy@alussinan.org> wrote in message

> >>It's a prolinea 4/66 .
> >>I just want to install a CDRom drive , but this option isn't in the
setup.
> >>I guess I need to write a HD type , but which model ?

> Are you saying that nothing is needed in bios ?
> I only have to install - mmmmhhhh W98 for instance -and it works ?
> Emmanuel.

Not on the one I worked with. And for anyone who's wondering why bother.
It was a freebee for a friend who is sending it to relatives in the
Philippines. It actually games well on most of the old Win95 era games he
has added to it.

Kevin