I’ve tried to install XP Service Pack 2 several times and have gotten errors
each time. I get an Access Denied error at the end of the install and then
messages saying that XP Service Pack was not fully installed and I could have
problems w/ my operating system. Since this has happened my computer’s
performance has pretty much died. For example, it takes forever to boot up
and start programs. If I have more than one window open at a time it takes
forever to toggle b/w windows. If I open an IE window and a pop-up add comes
up and I try to close it then IE crashes.

How do I get XP SP2 to install properly? Any help is appreciated.

I have Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Virus protection running.

Thanks,
Chris

You virus scanner and spyware detector should be turned off when installing
updates from Windows Update.

"What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2"
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

--
Ted Zieglar

"Chris Mills" <chrisamills@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've tried to install XP Service Pack 2 several times and have gotten
errors
> each time. I get an Access Denied error at the end of the install and
then
> messages saying that XP Service Pack was not fully installed and I could
have
> problems w/ my operating system. Since this has happened my computer's
> performance has pretty much died. For example, it takes forever to boot
up
> and start programs. If I have more than one window open at a time it
takes
> forever to toggle b/w windows. If I open an IE window and a pop-up add
comes
> up and I try to close it then IE crashes.
>
> How do I get XP SP2 to install properly? Any help is appreciated.
>
> I have Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Virus protection running.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

TRENDING THREADS