Multiple Delay problems after SP2 install

Has anyone noticed after installing SP2 for XP, there is
a few seconds delay while saving attachments from emails
or when saving pictures etc from websites or switching
between subfolders?

This problem is evident after a fresh install so
spyadware is not the cause.

Anyone knows how I can fix this very annoying slowdown
problem please? HELP!!!

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Do not be surprised you have Spyadware because I am still
cleaning those little criters.
In my case I have noticed that the number of open
processes at start up have gone from about 18 to 41 but I
am not sure if this is a coincidence after I downloaded
SP2. I am in the process of closing out things that I do
not need for start up. Check and see how much of your CPU
is being consumed and hopefully someone may offer you a
solution.
Carlos