Will verizon follow and offer $10 additional lines?

Will verizon follow the trend that ATT/Cingular and Sprint are offering
and offer additional lines for $10 instead of $20?
What are your thoughts?

<paul814@excite.com> wrote in message
> Will verizon follow the trend that ATT/Cingular and Sprint are offering
> and offer additional lines for $10 instead of $20?
> What are your thoughts?

On a side note...when other companies offer the $10.00 add-a-line are there
any differences between the way they do it and VZW does. I know the local
comp here does the same thing, but you don't get voicemail or CallerID
unless you pay for it on the second ($10.00) line.

ShackAttack

paul814@excite.com wrote:

> Will verizon follow the trend that ATT/Cingular and Sprint are offering
> and offer additional lines for $10 instead of $20?
> What are your thoughts?

Not unless they start losing a lot of new business to the other guys.

LB

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"ShackAttack" <shackattack6089@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> <paul814@excite.com> wrote in message
> > Will verizon follow the trend that ATT/Cingular and Sprint are offering
> > and offer additional lines for $10 instead of $20?
> > What are your thoughts?
> >

> On a side note...when other companies offer the $10.00 add-a-line are
there
> any differences between the way they do it and VZW does. I know the local
> comp here does the same thing, but you don't get voicemail or CallerID
> unless you pay for it on the second ($10.00) line.
>
> ShackAttack

And the offers I read usually indicated that $10 was a short term promo.

Verizon's been adding 1.7 million customers per quarter (which is an
industry record). Churn is down to 1.5% which is an all-time low. Anyway,
this means that their impetus to reduce prices is probably non-existent.

The coverage improvements are the main thing I care about. On that note,
they've spent billions of dollars this year on spectrum, and I do see
significant improvements in their network happening over time. I do hope
they'll build out some of their licensed areas in Oregon soon (i.e. southern
Oregon) so I can use data there...

-Dan

All of this information can be found online in their financial reports:

http://news.vzw.com/news/2004/10/pr2004-10-28.html

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

Yes, competition is a healthy thing and I like to see it.

Short of coverage improvements here in my home state of Oregon, AT&T GSM is
still at a distinct disadvantage in terms of rural coverage when compared to
AT&T TDMA/analog.

We may be in "worse" shape because Cingular never had a presence here prior
to the merger...

-Dan

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

TJ

possible by mid jan. (17th to be exact )

TJ
<paul814@excite.com>