BIOS HELL!!!!!!!! PROs plz read!!!

G

Hi, i own a Asus A7V133 Mobo and i was trying to update bios file recently. Unfortunately, i flashed the wrong file for the bios and my system is completely dead. It won't even boot. Other than returning it, are there anyway to fix this problem? If there are any ways, please let me know in detail so that i can try it. Also, if you decide to reply ( and i appreciate whatever input you guys will have) please send me ur e mail as well...

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The Award BIOS has a failsafe mechanism which means the Boot Block is protected. Even with a failed BIOS update your system should still read a floppy disk. The problem is, unless you have a PCI video card you may not have any video output. (An ISA video card will as work for motherboards that still have an ISA slot).

You can get around the lack of video by creating an BIOS recovery disk (assuming you have access to another computer). This disk will allow you to re-flash your BIOS.

Follow the instructions at <A HREF="http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/faqbios.html#I flashed my BIOS and now the machine is dead. What can I do?" target="_new">this link</A>. Don't worry that it is an Abit KT7 support site. The procedure is the same for all Award BIOSes.

We are all beta testers!