Bluetooth Mouse for Laptop?

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Mice
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Computing
Last response: in Mobile Computing
July 25, 2005 11:59:54 PM

Any recommendations, or good/bad experiences?
My current (wired) mouse is dying & I have bluetooth so am tempted to use it. I don't want to have to cart a cradle around so Logitech MX900 and similar look no good. I'm considering things like Anycom BTM100, Bluetake BT500 or 510, MacAlly Mini, and I want basically a good 'feel' and responsiveness, opinions on battery life, quality .. well anything really!

More about : bluetooth mouse laptop

July 26, 2005 1:45:15 AM

thanks .. but I want to minimise the number of things I have to plug in i.e. the USB receiver is a negative from my pov, with bluetooth I should be able to run with the mouse and nuthin' but the mouse (uhh .. and batteries)
Related resources
July 26, 2005 2:09:46 AM

That mouse might support your onboard bluetooth device though bluetooth is a tad iffy atm. If it was a perfect world the mouse would show up in the bluetooth device list and you would simply hit connect. Whether it does or not though I have no clue.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
July 28, 2005 3:37:34 AM

That mouse doesn't support bluetooth, it uses a USB receiver, it appears. No matter: a local shop has pre-empted this suddenly offering the Bluetake BT500 far cheaper than anything else around here (I'm in NZ). So I went out and got one last night. Had to download newer bluetooth drivers (for my Dell) - but after that it really was a matter of connect and go, and the mouse is running beautifully, so I'm happy! - till the batteries run out ;) 
Thanks for your comments
!