Compaq Deskpro 4000.

Last response: in Computer Brands
April 17, 2004 11:09:26 PM

Have just bought the above as a starter system for a relative,
It appears to have a 300 Pentium2 cpu, 128 mb of ram and a 3.2 gb hard
drive.
Anyone know how big a hard drive this thing will take if I decided to
upgrade?

More about : compaq deskpro 4000

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 5:54:42 PM

Not sure but don't be surprised if its only up to an 8GB, unless you add a
controller card or overlay software.

Dale
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:54:21 AM

DEJ57 wrote:
> Not sure but don't be surprised if its only up to an 8GB, unless you add a
> controller card or overlay software.
>
> Dale
It takes larger. Just download and install the most recent BIOS from
HP/Compaq. I have 3 of these. The Linux box I am writing on is a 4000
with a 14gb HDD.

--
Phil Gilmer
pgilmer at