It's the World's 1st Gaming Keystroke Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
cool ,but not on my list of "to buy" peripherials , particularly given i have a bad past with key boards ,(drinks and keyboards don't mix).currently using a refurbished G11 logitech keyboard , it wa awsome till my bro spilt beer on tia dn screwed it'sback lights up, i definitely don'tneed to spend morethan 40 bucks on a key board ever again

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]How you'd press 20 at once, I'm not sure, but this is pretty cool![/citation]
8 fingers 2 thumbs and 10 toes! Takes some learning though.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]8 fingers 2 thumbs and 10 toes! Takes some learning though.[/citation]
You're probably one hell of a typer after learning though.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Pressing 20 keys at once = rage fit and subsequent rage quint if two of the 20 keys are the 'alt' and 'f4" keys. YES!

-Remember that youtube video of that russian bipolar kid who flips out during an online match and starts hammering away his fists on the keyboard? Yah this keyboard is meant for people like him! And it's got colors!

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]How you'd press 20 at once, I'm not sure, but this is pretty cool![/citation]

you heard of 'dirty dancing' and 'ghost' right? mix the two together.
most keys i ever press at the same time is 6 for heliocopter and tank simulators but i try very hard to stick to my joystick/throttle/footpedal set ups for that. all tho i do use 5 keys continuously in 'gunmetal'

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
2 things- is this or is this not a mechanical switch keyboard (my instincts say it isn't but I could be wrong).
And, why did they not make the Windows and other shortcut keys have a 70-gram weight to them? It could mean the difference between resting your palm on the key to losing the match...

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]8 fingers 2 thumbs and 10 toes! Takes some learning though.[/citation]
Really? You could use your palm to press several adjoining keys at once.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I've never understood why you NEED more than 6. You only have 5 fingers on that hand, and even then, you probably aren't going to use them all at the same time. Unless you're crouch-jumping at a diagonal angle whilst changing weapons. But, then you still have an extra key to hit.

I like the separate weighting, but it would be awesome if you were able to choose which were weighted and by how much. I personally use shift to crouch (feels more natural) so it's going to be a light key instead of the intended heavy key. I guess it's good if you don't customize your controls.

On another note. Straight keys will never be "ergonomic". They should at leave curve it before making that claim.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]cool ,but not on my list of "to buy" peripherials , particularly given i have a bad past with key boards ,(drinks and keyboards don't mix).currently using a refurbished G11 logitech keyboard , it wa awsome till my bro spilt beer on tia dn screwed it'sback lights up, i definitely don'tneed to spend morethan 40 bucks on a key board ever again[/citation]
That explains the slurred typing :)

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
The idea sounds pretty good...

But overall, I find the WASD key layout to be difficult to work with, effecting accuracy. At least 95%+ of the games allows is to reconfigure the controls.

While not perfect, try using mouse for all controls movement. I've been playing this way since DOOM1.

Tie mouse look into movement. So pressing Left button = Forward, Right button - backwards. With many mice, such as Logitech - I can set the ZOOM buttons on the left side for LEFT & RIGHT strafing.

Hence, you're not doing mass abusive mouse clicks on a mouse, in which the act of firing your weapon can cause your mouse to shift. I use the keyboard for firing, changing weapons (besides the wheel) and everything else.

CTRL = Shoot
SHIFT = Alt Shoot
Z = Change rotation UP for a weapon
Alt = Zoom (Sniper rifle, etc)
Space = Good ole fashion Jump

Compared to the keyboard, the mouse is not limited to 4 directions for movements, such as pressing W & D at the same time to move at an angle.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I buy cheap typing oriented keyboards and a programmable "gamers keyboard" for gaming. I actually want my keyboard to be typing oriented, it's more comfortable to separate the two.

G

You can't have 20 key rollover via USB, you have to connect via PS/2 for that (not sure about the older large DIN style connectors). The specs actually refer to 20 non-ghosting keystrokes which means if you press multiple keys each key is registered correctly. Most keyboards have sufficient non-ghosting without it being a "feature" even when it covers every key on the keyboard at once. "Ghosting" is when you press multiple keys e.g. A and S at the same time but the keyboard registers one or more additional keys. Follow this link and go to the section on "Matrix Design" for more info on ghosting http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Were the hell do "they" get the idea that a standard kbd is a " gaming" kbd??
A Wolfking or A Merc Stealth is/are "gaming" kkbd's, with user set illumination and gaming defined keys,,sheesh...:)

G

if i remembrte correctly, this is membrane dome keyboard, that suxx, iw got mechnical keyboard and thats 1000 times batter that membrane keyboard, got N-rollover can press all 105 keys and it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.