alt.games.everquest2

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 7, 2004 7:37:24 PM

Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
specifically for EverQuest II.

alt.games.everquest2

Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to EverQuest I.

More about : alt games everquest2

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 7:59:23 PM

Paul <carnivac.uk@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
> specifically for EverQuest II.
>
> alt.games.everquest2
>
> Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to EverQuest I.

Don't forget that if your newsserver doesn't have it, it is usually just
an email request away.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
December 7, 2004 8:01:01 PM

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:37:24 GMT, "Paul" <carnivac.uk@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
>specifically for EverQuest II.
>
>alt.games.everquest2

Aye, been up a few days now, and propogating well :)

>Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to EverQuest I.
Heh, no argument here!

Palindrome
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 8:03:52 PM

"Paul" <carnivac.uk@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
> specifically for EverQuest II.
>
> alt.games.everquest2
>
> Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to
> EverQuest I.

verizon doesn't have it yet 8(
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 8:11:29 PM

Bebinn <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote:
> "Paul" <carnivac.uk@ntlworld.com> wrote in
>
>> Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
>> specifically for EverQuest II.
>>
>> alt.games.everquest2
>>
>> Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to
>> EverQuest I.
>>

> verizon doesn't have it yet 8(

Try sending a request to support@verizon.net or news@verizon.net and ask
for alt.games.everquest2. I bet it shows up within a day.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
December 7, 2004 8:21:56 PM

"Paul" <carnivac.uk@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
> specifically for EverQuest II.
>
> alt.games.everquest2
>
> Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to
> EverQuest I.

Not carried by a fair number of news servers yet, so not really an option
for many of us yet.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 17 Dwarven Shaman, 14 Scholar
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 8:22:47 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in news:41b5e441$0$58273
$8046368a@newsreader.iphouse.net:

> Bebinn <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote:
>> "Paul" <carnivac.uk@ntlworld.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
>>> specifically for EverQuest II.
>>>
>>> alt.games.everquest2
>>>
>>> Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to
>>> EverQuest I.
>>>

>> verizon doesn't have it yet 8(
>
> Try sending a request to support@verizon.net or news@verizon.net and
ask
> for alt.games.everquest2. I bet it shows up within a day.

Yeah, I need to dig up how to ask my news provider to add it.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 17 Dwarven Shaman, 14 Scholar
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 8:58:43 PM

Send an email to news@individual.net and ask them to add it.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
December 7, 2004 9:00:38 PM

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

> Not carried by a fair number of news servers yet, so not really an option
> for many of us yet.

All you have to do is ask, if you don't, they will never carry it. Your
provider is the same as the previous posters ... use
news@individual.net.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
December 7, 2004 10:42:44 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in news:41b5ef53$0$58263
$8046368a@newsreader.iphouse.net:

> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>>

>> Yeah, I need to dig up how to ask my news provider to add it.
>>

> Send an email to news@individual.net and ask them to add it.

Done, we will see how long it takes.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 17 Dwarven Shaman, 14 Scholar
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 10:54:29 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in news:41b5e441$0$58273
$8046368a@newsreader.iphouse.net:

> Bebinn <bebinn@invalid.com> wrote:

>> verizon doesn't have it yet 8(
>
> Try sending a request to support@verizon.net or news@verizon.net and ask
> for alt.games.everquest2. I bet it shows up within a day.

verizon has a 0.verizon group just for newsgroup requests, I posted a
request there.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 6:04:47 PM

On 07 Dec 2004 16:59:23 GMT in
<41b5e16b$0$58273$8046368a@newsreader.iphouse.net>, "Thomas T.
Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> graced the world with this thought:

>Paul <carnivac.uk@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Not sure if you people know but there is now a separate newsgroup
>> specifically for EverQuest II.
>>
>> alt.games.everquest2
>>
>> Maybe better to start using that to separate posts referring to EverQuest I.
>>

>Don't forget that if your newsserver doesn't have it, it is usually just
>an email request away.

Well, you can pretty much forget about anyone using Earthlink getting
it... they won't pick up new newsgroups, and haven'f for more than
about six months.
Of <course> they say "make a request..."
Yes, indeed, make a request. Since I have looked for new groups
several times in the last six months, and picked up exactly ZERO, I
guess that out of the hundreds of thousands of people subscribing to
Earthlink, not a single one of them has requested a new newsgroup...
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 7:22:29 PM

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Well, you can pretty much forget about anyone using Earthlink getting
> it... they won't pick up new newsgroups, and haven'f for more than
> about six months.
> Of <course> they say "make a request..."
> Yes, indeed, make a request. Since I have looked for new groups
> several times in the last six months, and picked up exactly ZERO, I
> guess that out of the hundreds of thousands of people subscribing to
> Earthlink, not a single one of them has requested a new newsgroup...

How have you been requesting new groups? You are supposed to send your
request to newssupport@earthlink.net.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
December 9, 2004 2:22:07 AM

On 08 Dec 2004 16:22:29 GMT in
<41b72a45$0$41968$8046368a@newsreader.iphouse.net>, "Thomas T.
Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> graced the world with this thought:

>bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Well, you can pretty much forget about anyone using Earthlink getting
>> it... they won't pick up new newsgroups, and haven'f for more than
>> about six months.
>> Of <course> they say "make a request..."
>> Yes, indeed, make a request. Since I have looked for new groups
>> several times in the last six months, and picked up exactly ZERO, I
>> guess that out of the hundreds of thousands of people subscribing to
>> Earthlink, not a single one of them has requested a new newsgroup...
>
>How have you been requesting new groups? You are supposed to send your
>request to newssupport@earthlink.net.

Yes, that would be where they told me to when I complained... probably
the same place everyone else sends them.
You may have misunderstood what I said... they have added <no> new
newsgroups in over six months. I think it's safe to assume that people
have made various requests during that timespan, since there's
hundreds of thousands of their users out here--yet no new newsgroups
have appeared in more than a half a year. None at all.
!