Decided on my system.. now where to buy??

G

Hey everyone,

I have decided to go with the following configuration..

Motherboard: MSI K7T266 Pro2 or Epox EP-8KHA+ (Really need feedback on which one)
CPU: Athlon XP 1600+ (Appears to be best value ATM)
Ram: 512 Megs of Corsair CAS2 DDR2400
Videocard: Asus V8200 Geforce3 PURE (Retail)
Harddrive: Maxtor DiamondMax 20GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA 100
Case: Antec SX1030 with Enermax 330W w/ 2 fans (EG351P VS)

These are the componets I am looking for and would prefer to buy them all from the same place.. Could everyone please provide a good source to purchase these items? Also, feedback on the system would be apprcaited as well.

Jeff

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
http://www.essencompu.com is a good place to purchase parts cuz they have fedex 2 day shipping standard for basically most of their parts. this site is also very reliable (i've bought many things from this site and have had zero problems)

http://www.compuplus.com is another good place (i've heard good things from this site from my friends).

btw...i didnt check to see whether those websites have the parts you're looking for.

oh, and about the MB, coin toss...best 2 out of 3 ;)

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
compuplus is good (have purchased from them for years). another really good place i've just started purchasing from is newegg. i really like newegg, they usually have one of the lowest prices for things i want, and their fedex express (3-4 days) is as cheap as other places ups ground. i like it because newegg is in cali and im in michigan.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I will Second Compuplus.com, and NewEgg is also a site that comes up often. If you buy any hardware from Compuplus, they will give you the opportunity to buy Windows XP Home edition for $87 or the Professional version for $136. A fairly good deal considering you will pay 200-350 for a full version at most retailers.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Take a look at mwave.com. Large selection, good rating from resellerratings.com.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have made a few purchases from them, including one major purchase (about $800).

With each purchase, I received an email confirmation of my order almost immediately. Within an hour I received a second email notifiying me that my order was processed. Later the same day a third email is received telling me my order had shipped, and had the shipping tracking number. In each case, the order arrived on time or a day early. Very impressive.

In the large order, I had a CDROM fail after 3 days. This was a brand new retail package. I emailed Mwave, and received an RMA via email in about 1 hour. I sent the CDROM back to mwave (at my cost), and then they sent me a brand new retail package (at their cost). Again, very good service.

My only concern has been my last order. The packing was a bit flimsy. However, nothing was damaged.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

I've bought from newegg and compuplus..both are great sites...

G

I would have to say that I happen to know for a fact that NEWEGG.COM has the components your looking for .. and they have unbelieveable pricing!! and shipping and everything!!

I should point out that there inexspensive hardware is usually cheap enough to balance their not so inexspensive stuff so you really get a good deal overall if you get everything from them ... GO READ THE TESTAMONIALS!!!! you will be blown away ...

BTW I would get the gainward gf3 instead of the asus card .. for very little price difference its an overall better card.. plus it comes with a nice red pcb :p

I am a goober.. with just enough knowledge to be dangerous .. .. will you hold this for a sec?