I cant install realplayer

I have Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2Installed). I have downloaded
RealPlayer (which is free) but could not install it properly. In the program
menu it shows but it does not get started. Even it could not be uninstalled
as it shows that uninstaller is unavailable!!!.
I have Windows media player running perfectly.
The error message is - Shell executable program has encountered an unknown
error. So it must close
Can anyone help??
Himadri

Download it again and reinstall. Be sure your virus scanner is turned off
while installing, as well as any other protection software that interferes
with script operations.
--
Ted Zieglar

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:45:03 -0800, Himadri Nath wrote:

> I have Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2Installed). I have downloaded
> RealPlayer (which is free) but could not install it properly. In the program
> menu it shows but it does not get started. Even it could not be uninstalled
> as it shows that uninstaller is unavailable!!!.
> I have Windows media player running perfectly.
> The error message is - Shell executable program has encountered an unknown
> error. So it must close
> Can anyone help??
> Himadri

This appears to be a problem with shlwapi.dll, which can be
fragmented or corrupt. Try cleaning and defragging system.
Then turn off all protection software. I have xppro sp2 and
don't have any problems. Also, if you have dotnetframework
installed, remove it. Make sure you are logged in as
administrator.
--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed