Can I Run It?

skeeziks05

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Recently found the website Can I Run It, but not sure if all the graphic requirements are accurate/up to date. What has me interested in trying to gauge my PC performance is....Skryim. I have a decent PC and the 360. RPG's are just better overall on the PC to play, but I'm still a little concerned about buying it for the PC rather than the 360. The main goal here for graphics comparison is for my rig to be equal, if not better than the 360. I read an article where Todd Howard stated that the difference will be minimal, and mitigated by your preferred playing habits. I just don't wanna commit to the PC and then having to play it on low settings and be better off with the latter. Any insight would be appreciated :)

AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz
8GB RAM
64 Bit Vista
GeForce GTX 460

Can I Run It says I should have a great experience running it.....but would like to hear what you guys think.
Thanks.

daninozz

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Welcome to the forums Skeeziks05,

your setup will easily run skyrim enjoy your gaming :)

The following are the official minimum requirements:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
2GB System RAM
6GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

And the recommended requirements:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4GB System RAM
6GB free HDD space
DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

any gfx card that is more powerful than a ati 1950 pro or nvidia 7950 will give better gfx quality than the 360 or ps3... they both have dx9+ gfx cards the "+" is for the slight modifications that were incorporated/unlocked for there respective consoles.
they do not however compare to dx10.
your 460 is about x3 times more powerful than a 360's gfx so any game you can play on both platforms will look better on pc.