Will my computer play skyrim?

Hi
I know this is probably a total noob question, but I am desperate.

I have a HP G62 notebook and was wandering if it will be able to play skyrim.

The proccesor is an i3 running at 2.27 Ghz with 3 gig ram enough hard drive space and most of my minimum specs trump the game minmum specs except I don''t really know what to expect with the graphics card because it is a Intel HD graphics and to be honest I have no clue what it could/can cope with.

It is no problem if I can't play on top graphics but will I be able to atleast get 20 - 30 fps on low graphics?

Much appreciated for the advice
3 answers Last reply
More about will computer play skyrim
  1. Recommended Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    4GB System RAM
    6GB free HDD space
    DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher (i.e GTX550Ti); ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
    DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet access for Steam activation

Minimum Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    2GB System RAM
    6GB free HDD Space
    Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
    DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet access for Steam activation
  2. people playing on hp hardware are having gfx issues as hd limit the drivers by only allowing drivers that they supply. end result is a lot of games just wont work for a few months till hp issue new 1s... or you can try hacked drivers. but they could give system instability due to not being fully supported.
    stay away from hp...
    oh and dont be fooled by the high system requirements. skyrim is actually using the same engine as fallout 3. so if you can play that, you should be able to play skyrim.
  3. Xephorce
    HELLO EVERYONE i just thought i ould inform you about skyrim and my system hardware.
    i am running skyrim on a pentium 4 ht 3.2Ghz socket mpga478 overclocked to 3.4Ghz
    i have and intel d875pbz motherboard
    2 gigs of ddr ram and
    a 120Gb seagate bearracuda 7200 ide harddrive
    a pny geforce 7600gs agp 512 mb ram gpu clocked to 500Mhz and the memory is clocked at 400 Mhz
    and a sound blaster audigy 2 sound card.

the game ran horrible at stock clock speed main improvement came from overclocking the video card. i hope this helps someone out. these computer parts came out of an alienware i put my geforce 7600 in the computer.

windows experance index scores are
    cpu 4.4
    memory 4.9
    aero performance 4.9
    3d graphic performance 4.7
    hard drive 5.2

i was very suprised at how well this game is running on thes old parts speaks to the quality if intel and how well Skyrim was made. thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Graphics Skyrim Video Games