I can't power up my HP laptop. When I take the battery out and plug in the
AC adapter I get a blinking yellow light on the lightning bolt icon. I don't
know what this icon means. The icon is directly next to the light that
usually tells me that I have the AC power connected. What can I do???

Check the HP instruction manual for a description of the indicator LED's

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]