jeff

Well, im not a real computer wizz, so i'm hoping you guys can help me. This
has been happening for a while, but I don't know whats causing it. I can
only download a certain amount of things on the internet. If I try to
download something that isn't one of those certain things, my isp just shuts
down completely and I lose all my isp connection and have to restart to get
it up and running again. As you can probably see, this is VERY annoying,
fearing if I should dl or not dl. I just can't determine what it is. Any
ideas? Thanks.

Hi

What can you download and what can't you download? With those details,
someone may be able to help you. Do you see any error messages pertaining
to this problem?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well, im not a real computer wizz, so i'm hoping you guys can help me.
> This
> has been happening for a while, but I don't know whats causing it. I can
> only download a certain amount of things on the internet. If I try to
> download something that isn't one of those certain things, my isp just
> shuts
> down completely and I lose all my isp connection and have to restart to
> get
> it up and running again. As you can probably see, this is VERY annoying,
> fearing if I should dl or not dl. I just can't determine what it is. Any
> ideas? Thanks.

jeff

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> What can you download and what can't you download? With those details,
>> someone may be able to help you. Do you see any error messages
>> pertaining
>> to this problem?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well, im not a real computer wizz, so i'm hoping you guys can help me.
>> > This
>> > has been happening for a while, but I don't know whats causing it. I
>> > can
>> > only download a certain amount of things on the internet. If I try to
>> > download something that isn't one of those certain things, my isp just
>> > shuts
>> > down completely and I lose all my isp connection and have to restart to
>> > get
>> > it up and running again. As you can probably see, this is VERY
>> > annoying,
>> > fearing if I should dl or not dl. I just can't determine what it is.
>> > Any
>> > ideas? Thanks.
>>

>> Well, like I play video games a lot, so I like to download demos or
>> replays so I can view them. For example, I can download warcraft 3
>> replays off sites just fine, but when I try to download return to castle
>> wolfenstein: enemy territory demos, my isp just freezes and then I gotta
>> reboot. I've tried downloading off different sites too but it's just the
>> same.

Hi

What I meant was - have the files all got the same extensions - .EXE, .ZIP
etc. - or are they varied. These files are downloaded via Internet Explorer
or a Download Manager?

--

"Will Denny" wrote:

> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> What can you download and what can't you download? With those details,
> >> someone may be able to help you. Do you see any error messages
> >> pertaining
> >> to this problem?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> Well, like I play video games a lot, so I like to download demos or
> >> replays so I can view them. For example, I can download warcraft 3
> >> replays off sites just fine, but when I try to download return to castle
> >> wolfenstein: enemy territory demos, my isp just freezes and then I gotta
> >> reboot. I've tried downloading off different sites too but it's just the
> >> same.
>
> Hi
>
> What I meant was - have the files all got the same extensions - .EXE, .ZIP
> etc. - or are they varied. These files are downloaded via Internet Explorer
> or a Download Manager?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> Mostly all the files I try to download are .zip formats. But I can download all .wc3 and bit torrent files just fine. I guess it's just the zips that are giving me the problems. I use a download manager, mozilla. But I used to use IE which had the same problem.

jeff

Hey well im still having this problem is anyone can help me. It's mostly
..zip files that I can't download. And it's getting a little frustrating
because a lot of files are in zip format so im missing out on a lot.