Sign in with
Your question

"Benchmark" games

Last response: in Video Games
November 3, 2011 6:09:25 PM

I've recently built a new rig that utilizes two 6950's in crossfire, and I'd like to play some games that really "give me my money's worth".

I already plan to get Skyrim, but from what I've read it isn't going to be the most hardware intensive game on the market. I seem to see Metro 2033 mentioned frequently. I assume this means that this particular game really gets the most out of your graphics hardware.

Any suggestions?

More about : benchmark games

November 3, 2011 6:33:08 PM

witcher 2 is pretty intensive as is crysis 2
November 4, 2011 3:07:45 PM

Yeah. Witcher 2 is really an intesive game. The SSAO really puts a huge rock behind any card.
Crysis 2 is intensive, with the DX11 and high resolution texture packs.
Other games include Metro 2033 and Crysis 1. Crysis 1 may not be taxing these days, but it's still a good game worth playing. :) 
Related resources
November 4, 2011 3:42:12 PM

Gman450 said:
Crysis 1 may not be taxing these days, but it's still a good game worth playing. :) 

It will still give most systems a run for it's money. It looks great and the campaign is good. Multiplayer isn't so great. You can probably get it cheap. Might be cheap on STEAM. Battlefield 3 will give your system a good run on Ultra settings. It depends on what games you are into. FarCry 2 is a fun game to play through the Campaign. You could run on the highest setting most likely. It looks good.
November 4, 2011 4:19:18 PM

I still do play Crysis Wars with my friends. Really, to me, it never gets old, and it's really un. Haven't tried BC2 or BF3 Multiplayer. Should give it a try someday. :) 
November 4, 2011 5:52:27 PM

^ was that Crysis Warhead? I never played that, I head the Multiplayer was better. i have the original Crysis and the multiplayer did not look that good at all. The graphics were actually worse than single player, which looked awesome.

BC2 is fun. I have had alot of enjoyment playing that game.

BF3 is fun to. I find myself getting very frustrated with it. Not the game, but the people playing. Alot of run and gunners and people that are VERY good at sniping. the RAGE does come out. I found myself being very good at BC2. BF3 has a learning curve. You can not just rush in, or you will be knocked off pretty quick.
November 4, 2011 5:56:48 PM

Take all of these games and play them in 3D... they all become intensive!
November 5, 2011 2:57:20 AM

It's Crysis wars. You know, the one with just the multiplayer. I play LAN with my friends. Yeah, I did try the Crysis 1 MP last month or so, still surprised that there are people still playing it.
And yes, the MP in Crysis 1 isn't really too good.
November 5, 2011 6:41:50 AM

If you want to be let down by your build, try GTA4! :D  Yep, that'll burst anyone's bubble!

You should try the Crysis series (original and warhead). Then, move on to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 and 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Metro 2033, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, and the list goes on!

But the above titles will give you a good idea whether your system is a good build or not.
November 5, 2011 7:03:47 AM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Take all of these games and play them in 3D... they all become intensive!

^+1
!