What type of video card should I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcwolfe

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello,
My Desktop has 3.3ghz processor with 4gb of ram, I don't know what type of graphics card I have.

I want to play WoW on the ultra setting but all my comp can hanlde right now is good at about 20fps.

What should I do to fix that.

Solution
if you note the bottom of your pic, where it lists things like cuda. none of which are checked. this is probably your biggest issue as far as games being able to run. so yeah you really do want to buy a dedicated gfx card.

you have a 3.3 cpu? get cpu-z and that will show the make and model of it. then we can give you an idea of what gfx card would work best on the system or in your budget.

tcwolfe

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
h6g.png

Ok so this is what it said, and its not 20fps on the max setting its 20 on the medium setting.

well yeah, this GPU is an integrated chipset, it's not meant for gaming.

now you have to check your PSU and motherboard to see where you can plop a dedicated card and also think about how much can you afford to spend on purchasing one. Come back with that info here, someone will be able to tell you what's the best options

if you note the bottom of your pic, where it lists things like cuda. none of which are checked. this is probably your biggest issue as far as games being able to run. so yeah you really do want to buy a dedicated gfx card.

you have a 3.3 cpu? get cpu-z and that will show the make and model of it. then we can give you an idea of what gfx card would work best on the system or in your budget.

Solution

tcwolfe

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

Ok So it says I have an Intel Core i3 550, and its actually a 3.2 cpu. My budget is probably around $200, I don't want anything too fancy just decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS