Experience with Killing Floor?

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

I bought Killing Floor ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/ ) last week off Steam (was on sale for only $6) and haven't had time to play yet.

I was just wondering how good the game experience is.

Is it just a L4D knock-off?

What are some awesome/disappointing features of the game? (Please no story spoilers) :non:

Thank You

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Firstly is completely different to L4D.

Killing Floor is like an arcade shoot'em up only with classes and team based.
L4D is like a team based survival game.

With L4D if your team sucks your screwed, where as with Killing Floor you can carry your team (well atleast into the later waves).

IMO Killing floor is a much more fun game, its every thing a zombie shoot'em up should be.

PS. There is no story, its just shoot the hell out of the hordes of bad guys.

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Oh. Ok. Thank You.

I was really under the impression that Killing Floor was more "Open World".....ish.

So if it's not trying to survive like L4D, what exactly is the objective then?
Is it just different levels with wave after wave until everyone dies (my idea of a survival mode)?
Are there objectives to complete? Is it just killing things to rack up points (my idea of arcade shoot'em ups)?

I really hate how games explain nothing about themselves in the descriptions. haha :pfff:

I am looking forward to playing this.

(EDIT: Went over to Wiki to check it out. Got the answers I was looking for. Kind of disappointed, was really expecting more, but oh well)

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Its basically just that kill a set number of waves then if everyone is alive face the boss.
You get money per kill which you spend on weapons, ammo and armour.
Depending on how you kill said enemies you gain points against Perks. These perks give a bonus when using certain weapons or general passive abilities.

The levelling of perks is pretty addictive and the later waves can be very challenging.

Give it a shot, its a good game, due to the lack of objective it makes a great pickup and play title.

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Sounds fun,

the last few things I'd like to know are:

For these "Perks" do they carry over from game to game? Is this a long process to fully level them up? Or is this on a per game basis? (Every game you must level up the perks)

Also- What is a rough estimate for how long 1 game may be?

Are these fairly large levels?

Is the health system like L4D (You can see it and it is a large gauge) or like COD (The two hits from zombies and you are down)

Damn I cannot wait to get off work and play this. :bounce: