Where can I download Windows XP Windows Installer?

I found a Symantec site that says for Windows XP users, I need to contact
Microsoft and download a copy of Windows Installer for Windows XP. Does
anyone know where to get it, or how to get it?

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175

Windows Installer 3.0 is available
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884016

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Derek" wrote:

| I found a Symantec site that says for Windows XP users, I need to contact
| Microsoft and download a copy of Windows Installer for Windows XP. Does
| anyone know where to get it, or how to get it?

Thanks for replying!
I cannot use that to re-install Windows Installer because I have Windows XP
SP2. I only see this happening when I try to install Roxio Easy CD & DVD
Creator 6. What it says is 'Internal Error 2203.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\3a2851.ipi, -2147287035' I tried to go into Installer
and fix the permissions but they were correct. I don't want to re-format my
computer, I just did 3 days ago!

Thanks,
Derek

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175
>
> Windows Installer 3.0 is available
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884016
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Derek" wrote:
>
> | I found a Symantec site that says for Windows XP users, I need to contact
> | Microsoft and download a copy of Windows Installer for Windows XP. Does
> | anyone know where to get it, or how to get it?

I had a really bad time with WIN XP and Roxio CD software and didn't resolve
it till I replaced the Roxio with Nero. It was the source of a lot of
problems
and as soon as I uninstalled it and replaced it with Nero all the problems
stopped.
--
Glenda P

I went to this site and found out that windows installer had been turned off
on my computer, I had to restart it manually.
Thanks very much for the help
littlelyn