newbie question for wireless

I have a Dell pc at home. I travel about 600 miles from home on my job, and
I have comcast high speed cable internet service. If I get whatever I need
for my Dell laptop can I access the internet with my laptop when I am away
from home? Does this service cost a lot or is it something that I have now
with my comcast service? If I can do this what should I purchase that has a
good reputation and actually works. Right now I get a dialup service for
wherever I happen to be. That is a pain in the butt, as I am only in a area
for about 4 weeks or so then I have to move to another location.
Thank you for any help.
Bob
4 answers Last reply
More about newbie question wireless

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:12:19 -0500, "Bob" <rphsr1@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >I have a Dell pc at home. I travel about 600 miles from home on my job, and
    >I have comcast high speed cable internet service. If I get whatever I need
    >for my Dell laptop can I access the internet with my laptop when I am away
    >from home? Does this service cost a lot or is it something that I have now
    >with my comcast service? If I can do this what should I purchase that has a
    >good reputation and actually works. Right now I get a dialup service for
    >wherever I happen to be. That is a pain in the butt, as I am only in a area
    >for about 4 weeks or so then I have to move to another location.
    >Thank you for any help.
    >Bob

    Some possible solutions:

    1. Get a dialin ISP with national coverage. The below no frills
    allvantage $5.95/mo. setup has a very large number of access
    numbers across the country.
    http://www.allvantage.com/

    2. If you stay in a hotel/motel, get one that has free high speed
    wifi net access.

    3. Starbucks and other places have a national net wifi setup that
    you pay to use..

    4. Search around for coffie shops, truck stops, and such that
    have free wifi access.

    5. Make yourself a war driving setup and borrow wifi access where
    you can.
  2. I JUST A LAPTOP I NEED INTERNET FOR IT
  3. U DONT NEED EVERY INFO
  4. ITS A DELL LAPTOP MODEL NUMBER IS PP22X SERVICE TAG GKG6G1

Wireless Internet Wireless Networking