Major Problem with Windows 7

ibanezrg82

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Hello.

I've had pretty good feeback here in the past, so I got a problem.
All of the games I have are suddenly running super slow.
They worked fine in the past.

Now it takes two or three times for them to even run when I click them.
I click to open them, the PC will process, then it doesn't open them. I have to try over and over to even get them to open.
When and if they run they are very slow. (Brand new Windows 7 Hp PC)

Does this sound like a virus? I even restored my PC to an earlier state when it worked fine, same thing.
I ran system diagnostics as well, all passed.

Please any input would be appreciated

Something is using your resources. Download you anti-virus updates and run a complete scan.

You can also download hijackthis from trend micro (it's free), and run that to see if you have any suspicious processes running. If you haven't used hijackthis before, be careful about removing items, you could completely disable your system. I've found that googling suspicious items usually gives me a pretty good idea of which items are bad.

sauvesean

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I would just like to add that a piece of software that I use for playing games is Game Booster from IOBit. I neatly closes many background processes temporarily. Even if you don't have major problems, it is still nice to get that little extra boost. Did I mention that it's free?

ibanezrg82

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Well this is weird. I wasn't connected to the internet BTW at first, that's what was slowing it down. Had my brother come over with his USB wireless modem, and it started working fine as soon as I was connected to a network. Any ideas what would cause that? Why would being connected to a network affect performance of non internet applications?