Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @ 1.87GHz 7.2 5.9
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.4
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series 7.1
Gaming graphics 5882 MB Total available graphics memory 7.1
Primary hard disk 1054GB Free (1178GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Alienware
Model M17x
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1192 GB
Disk partition (C:) 1054 GB Free (1178 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD
Disk partition (E:) 7 GB Free (15 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
Total available graphics memory 5882 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3834 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.881.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1200
DirectX version DirectX 10

thats my comp specs what needs to be changed/and or fixed

i can play leauge of legends at 200-200+ fine but aion just is crap 20fps cant figuer any thing out

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

I think E8400 is a dual core while the i7 Q840 is a quad core? How can you even compare the two? Of course your dual core had to struggle in Aion. These days dual cores struggle with most newer games.

For the OP:
You should try to tweak some of the game's details, settings, and resolution. What's the resolution you're playing the game at? Since that is a laptop, these things will run hot while gaming; try to keep it cooler by using a notebook cooling pad; clean the dust from the heatsink, if you're going to damage your warranty, open the back of the case and give it a thourough cleaning as well (can of compressed dry air is the best).

Install latest video drivers as well, some games do take a nose dive while playing them on older video drivers.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Since it's a single threaded game, I guess that pretty much sums it up. OP might have some serious upgrading his CPU since that machine is a laptop...

aionshooter55

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
graphics in game at fortress raids and in main towns its a static 20fps even out farming in remote areas so it must be my cpu if it only runs 1 of them or what ever it is i mite have to just get a new comp to play it then i geuss thx for info.

as its single threaded cpu speed is a premium. yours will turbo to 2.9? if thats correct then you need to go into power saving and set minimum cpu to less than 5 percent. and maximum to 100. basically turn off any power saving features that apply to the cpu performance. you may want to, if you can. go into bios and turn off power saving there too. but remember this will lead to higher cpu temps so make sure your lappy is as dust free as possible. and well ventilated. this should enable your cpu to run at best speed and hopefully wont bottleneck the gpu to badly...

the 5800m series are great but they will still have to much grunt for most i7's running on a single core single threaded app. to minimise this you will want to run the game at a high as possible setting so that the gpu takes most of the work and doesnt dump 400 fps onto a cpu core that cant cope. your maximum fps may drop because your running higher settings but your minimum may go up because you have offloaded some stress from the cpu...

aionshooter55

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
i think i figuered it out thx the problem was my graphics settings they kept going to power saving for somereason every time aion was opened. so as long as i keep changing my graphic settings every time i open the game i can get 60fps.