ObiWan_Kenobi

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2001
Whats a good board that uses the KT266A chipset. Other than the Asus A7V266E, cause i cant find the damn thing (if you know where I can PLEASE Send me a message).

People need to start rapidly understanding that the world *REALLY* does revolve around *ME*.

super_upper

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2001
I'm looking for the same, ASUS A7V266-E. Can't find.
Here's a search link from Asus' web site. Good luck, post any positive results for all of us. What processor are you planning to use?

ObiWan_Kenobi

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2001
Go to WWW.PCPROGRESS.COM THEY HAVE THE A7V266E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People need to start rapidly understanding that the world *REALLY* does revolve around *ME*.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey O,
I just got the EpoX 8KHA+. If you get any ASUS mobo, it will most likely be the BEST MADE mobo, with NO TECH support. Also may or may not be over-clocking friendly.
Peace Out........tile

Keep Hope Alive!

ObiWan_Kenobi

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2001
i have never had a problem with any asus board i have owned. The point is its the best board, so you dont NEED the tech support.

G

I can't make up my mind between the Epox EP-8KHA+ (price, 6 PCI), MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU (USB 2, RAID 0 and 1), ASUS A7V266-e (performance?), or the upcoming(?) Abit KR7-RAID (4 DIMMS, 6 PCI, RAID 0, 1 and 0,1).

Anyone got any thoughts re. reliability, support etc? I only have experience with ASUS boards (never any problems).

Note, it looks like the ASUS won't be able to support large heatsinks (not the Alpha PAL anyway), if that's an issue.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey O,
Good point. Why not get a P4 and tell everyone that you got the best mobo, best cpu, best chipset, best ram.......best everything and you have the reciepts to show proof. Why did you want anyones view on the "KT266A", it seems to me all you wanted was info on ASUS? Why not label the subject as: ASUS/KT266A? I was wrong to give my take on your post and everything else I have ever posted, sorry the world does revolve around you. Say Hi to Luke and Leia for me, I love all your stuff!
Peace Out

Keep Hope Alive!

ObiWan_Kenobi

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2001
I was looking for a different board that uses the KT266E. Cause i couldnt find the A7V266E. Then i found it.

Also YOU comment about Asus's lack of tech support. I then commented on my opinion of why that doesnt bother me to much.

Dont get upset about a Forum.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey U,
You are Right, for most people the Athlon is the best CPU. Like everything else it depends on which test/benchmarks/software/drivers you use and what you do with it. Everyone will have their own view on what is the best and there will always be something better just around the corner. I believe right now the even Intel people, must be thinking that a Athlon XP 1800+ with the right chipset, is the best CPU. I'm sure if Raystonn reads this he will give at least three very articulate reasons why the P4 is still the best CPU. It doesn't matter, both AMD and Intel will come up with something better in less than 4 months. To me all I am sure of is that both companies are playing a game that we all win at, and AMD will have a much better system for the same price as a slower Intel system. The Intel people might say you can't put a price on reliability and compatibility, to me is like saying ASUS is the only well made mobo. If you know what you are doing AMD is just as good as a Intel(I have never had a HSF fall off), also if you know what you are doing, there are better options than ASUS for mobo's. Still for most people, I tell them to buy a Dell.
Peace Out..........tile

Keep Hope Alive!

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey Obiwan_Kenobi,
Yeah, I'm sorry. I had a bad day at work and had to work a extra hour with no pay, because of Daylight saving. I have been taking too many things the wrong way because of the 11th and situations at work. Good Luck
Peace Out..........tile

Keep Hope Alive!

ObiWan_Kenobi

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2001
hey man dont sweat it, when i posted i was joking with you like i thought you were joking with me. Yeah the Daylight savings thing would piss ANYONE off. Medicate yourself by crackin a 40.......it will all be better soon...... :)
Or hop on the net and frag the hell out of someone picture your boss :)

Putting the LAUGH back in SLAUGHTER.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey O,
If I can get through tonight, I will kick back and down one or more if I don't pass out first...... just got E1,SW, Phantom M, on DVD, I think I'll trip out on the behind the scenes stuff and ask my Beer all the real tough questions, so I can get what Lukas is really saying.
Peace Out..........tile

Keep Hope Alive!