Biggest hard disk for : Deskpro EN P733 ?

Hi,

A workstation need to have the biggest storage capacity available to
it. The workstation is a Compaq Deskpro EN P733. The reason for the
need is to store huge logfiles.

I wonder if the latest hard drives will work with it, say ,those 300
GB ones ?

I've tried looking for this information on Compaq's website, but it
only lists 20 GB as the biggest hard disk for that particular model.

If you know the biggest hard disk capacity for this model, please let
me know as well.

Many thanks,
Harry

hh

I doubt any PIII has 48-bit LBA support so you probably are limited to
127GB.
HH

"Harry Sufehmi" <sufehmi@aldar.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A workstation need to have the biggest storage capacity available to
> it. The workstation is a Compaq Deskpro EN P733. The reason for the
> need is to store huge logfiles.
>
> I wonder if the latest hard drives will work with it, say ,those 300
> GB ones ?
>
> I've tried looking for this information on Compaq's website, but it
> only lists 20 GB as the biggest hard disk for that particular model.
>
> If you know the biggest hard disk capacity for this model, please let
> me know as well.
>

> Many thanks,
> Harry

Unless you add a PCI IDE card capable of 48-bit LBA

Remember the 300GB drives are only 5400 rpm. The 250GB are 7200 rpm.

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:<4e-dnWgr5Iri-hndRVn-sw@comcast.com>...
> Unless you add a PCI IDE card capable of 48-bit LBA
> Remember the 300GB drives are only 5400 rpm. The 250GB are 7200 rpm.

That's not a problem actually, since mostly it'll only store those
huge logfiles. It won't do anything disk-intensive (well, rarely)

> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I doubt any PIII has 48-bit LBA support so you probably are limited to
> > 127GB.
> > HH

Thanks HH !

In that case, I think I'll order 2 of them.

Thanks again,
Harry