Windows 7 64-bit
*its a brand new HP Pavillion dv6-t select edition laptop

Can i run skyrim? What settings/fps?

Thanks in advance!!

dYrOius

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Hello,

I am worried on whether or not i can run skyrim because im making the trip to gamestop tomorrow. Can i run skyrim on my laptop? Here are the specs:

Intel Core i5-2410m @ 2.3 GHz
8gb DDR5 RAM
1gb Radeon hd 6490m gpu
Windows 7 64-bit
1366x768 resolution
*its a brand new HP Pavillion dv6-t select edition laptop

I can play Oblivion on ultra high settings with no lag or anything, and it still looks really nice. So im really not sure. I do not want it for ps3, because it wont look as nice, and i wont be able to do mods.

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks!!

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
You have opened at least 2 or 3 threads asking the same thing.

Listen, I am sorry. You bought the wrong laptop. For what you spent, you could have almost gotten an Asus G73 series laptop that would have maxed Skyrim with ease; or better yet, built a desktop.

Do you think that asking the same question over and over will cause the hardware fairy to come and sprinkle fairy dust on your laptop's internal components? It is pretty basic and easy to understand when you get down to it. Your GPU is hardly the equivalent of a 7900GTX, let alone the 285GTX that is the recommended GPU. In fact, your GPU bottlenecks your system so badly, that it just BARELY meets the minimum requirements, if at all.

Staying on Tom's Hardware and hounding PC guys is not going to change the unfortunate fact that you made the mistake of throwing down on a networking, web-browsing, non-gaming, email machine.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.