Witcher 2 on gtx 580

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybr33d

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
hello all,

i installed witcher 2 last night. I was hoping I will have 60fps consistent on ultra preset. Below are my specs.

core i5 2500k @3.3ghz
g-skill ripjaws X 1600 mhz 8gb
asus gtx 580 direct cu2

During battles in open areas with lots of enemies, frame rate is averaging at 40fps.

In closed areas, frame rate is locked at 60fps.

Btw, i have ubersampling disabled.

I don't think the video card is at fault because I switched to medium preset and experienced the same framerates.

Can you confirm if what I am experiencing is normal? I have the latest drivers from nvidia.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Do you have the latest and most up-to-date patch for the game installed? If not, do so first. Witcher 2 is known for it's bad PC optimization, so less-than-optimal performance have been reported on even the strongest systems.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Do you have the latest and most up-to-date patch for the game installed? If not, do so first. Witcher 2 is known for it's bad PC optimization, so less-than-optimal performance have been reported on even the strongest systems.

Solution

king game

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
do you have ubersampling on cause it really pulls your fps down, my GTX570 Sli gives only 39 fps on avg, with all maxed and Usamp on. if i turn usamp off i get 94 fps Avg.....

so i think you must try turning it off.
and i think you card is perfect cause occasionally dips to 40 fps are present in most cards, with such demanding games,

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

You know of course he specifically said that Ubersampling is turned OFF, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.