The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).

diagofox

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
I am getting this above message on every single program I run. This seems to occur after, roughly, running the computer for a day or so. The only way to fix it, is to restart the computer and, most times, I am forced to do a hard boot. I have already tried searching for an answer and nothing seems to work. One of the first things I have tried was sfrc /scannow, which returned that no files were corrupted. I have also ran MemTest86+ in order to see if it was my memory and there seemed to be no issues there as well. Due to this, I am at a loss and any help would be very much appreciated.

Also, you can find a filtered Application Error text log here: Application Error Log. It is everything related to all application posts made to the event viewer within the last hour from the time I was last forced to restart.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask as I desperately need a fix for this.

---------------------
System Specs:

System OS: Windows 6.2.9200 Business x64
Main Board Make: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Main Board Model: GA-970A-UD3
Main Board BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG GBT - 42302e31 20111013
Processor Description: AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core
Number of Processors: 8
Processor Clock Speed: 3121 Mhz
Graphics Description: AMD Radeon HD 6570
Memory Installed: 16384 MBs
Memory Slots: 4 slots
Memory Configuration: 4096+4096+4096+4096;DIMM

diagofox

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
Minecraft via MultiMC and Firefox (and, on occasion, Windows Explorer). In the Background is Weather Channel App, Norton 360, Digital Persona Personal, and normal windows stuff.

EDIT: Also, for some reason, whenever I check my Task Manager, I've noticed there is always like 4-8 processes for Chrome running, even when I don't have chrome open. They seem to open on start-up and chrome is disabled in my start-up list.