Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 1.2.1

LarryS

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2002

Greetings,

While attempting to install the MBSA program on a computer at the latest XP
SP2 and IE6 update levels, the installation of MBSA fails reporting the IE
is below 5.1 level and needs to be updated. Can someone suggest what might
be the cause of the erroneous report? I suspect that there is a registry
setting or .ini file setting that needs to be adjusted.

Many thanks for your help.

LarryS

Hi

Please try the MBSA News Group:

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"LarryS" <raglan@orange.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> While attempting to install the MBSA program on a computer at the latest
> XP SP2 and IE6 update levels, the installation of MBSA fails reporting the
> IE is below 5.1 level and needs to be updated. Can someone suggest what
> might be the cause of the erroneous report? I suspect that there is a
> registry setting or .ini file setting that needs to be adjusted.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> LarryS

LarryS

Distinguished